Unable to locate report folder in custom module

Please help , I am not able to locate the report folder in my custom module folder . I am planning to write a script report for which I need to edit js and py file in the report folder . I saw my app in the frappe bench folder and unfortunately report folder is available for all inbuilt erpnext app , but report folder is not available in my custom app folder . Please help

please help me , i am not able to locate report folder inside my custom app folder .

@ragav , Refer following link , hope it will helps you -

1 Like

I am trying to write a script report , i read the instructions in the page https://frappe.github.io/frappe/user/en/guides/reports-and-printing/how-to-make-script-reports.html and created a script report , but it is mentioned in the page that templates for the js and py file will be created in the report folder but i am not able to locate the report folder inside my custom app folder . Please help

That post was not relevant to me . Please help

Please help me to find the report folder , it is not available in my custom app folder

@ragav Set Is Standard to Yes and check your module directory

2 Likes

I did even after that , i could not find the report folder inside my custom module directory . Please help

Hi @ragav,

Which module did you select during making of the report? It should be your custom app’s module.

Thanks, Rohit

I selected my custom app module , did exactly as per this link https://frappe.github.io/frappe/user/en/guides/reports-and-printing/how-to-make-script-reports.html but could not find the report folder inside my custom module directory .Please help

Hi @ragav,

I have created Script Report in my custom app, I was not able to see the folder of the report when developer_mode was not defined in site_config.json file but once I defined it and save the report. I got the report’s folder(js, py file) under my custom app folder, so kindly check whether you have defined the developer_mode:1 in site_config.json file of the running site or not.

Thanks, Rohit

2 Likes

I added developer_mode:1 in site_config.json file and now i am not able to open erpnext when i type localhost:8000 , i get this error

RuntimeError
RuntimeError: no object bound to conf

Traceback (most recent call last)
File “/home/ommi/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/middlewares.py”, line 15, in call
return super(StaticDataMiddleware, self).call(environ, start_response)
File “/home/ommi/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/werkzeug/wsgi.py”, line 599, in call
return self.app(environ, start_response)
File “/home/ommi/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/werkzeug/wsgi.py”, line 599, in call
return self.app(environ, start_response)
File “/home/ommi/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/werkzeug/local.py”, line 228, in application
return ClosingIterator(app(environ, start_response), self.cleanup)
File “/home/ommi/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/werkzeug/wrappers.py”, line 291, in application
return f(*args[:-2] + (request,))(*args[-2:])
File “/home/ommi/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 82, in application
response = handle_exception(e)
File “/home/ommi/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 146, in handle_exception
response = frappe.website.render.render(“message”, http_status_code=http_status_code)
File “/home/ommi/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 22, in render
path = resolve_path(path.strip("/ "))
File “/home/ommi/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 152, in resolve_path
path = resolve_from_map(path)
File “/home/ommi/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 158, in resolve_from_map
for r in frappe.get_hooks(“website_route_rules”)])
File “/home/ommi/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 747, in get_hooks
hooks = _dict(cache().get_value(“app_hooks”, load_app_hooks))
File “/home/ommi/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 214, in cache
redis_server = RedisWrapper.from_url(conf.get(‘redis_cache’)
File “/home/ommi/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/werkzeug/local.py”, line 343, in getattr
return getattr(self._get_current_object(), name)
File “/home/ommi/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/werkzeug/local.py”, line 306, in _get_current_object
raise RuntimeError(‘no object bound to %s’ % self.name)
RuntimeError: no object bound to conf
The debugger caught an exception in your WSGI application. You can now look at the traceback which led to the error.
To switch between the interactive traceback and the plaintext one, you can click on the “Traceback” headline. From the text traceback you can also create a paste of it. For code execution mouse-over the frame you want to debug and click on the console icon on the right side.

You can execute arbitrary Python code in the stack frames and there are some extra helpers available for introspection:

dump() shows all variables in the frame
dump(obj) dumps all that’s known about the object
Brought to you by DON’T PANIC, your friendly Werkzeug powered traceback interpreter.

I got it . Thank you so much sir . You saved my day

I solved my error : site_config.json file should be similar to
{
“db_name”: “704ed558fd”,
“db_password”: “uC7N1S1Hd21fPUiO”,
“developer_mode”: 1,
“host_name”: “http://test1.dev:8000
}

1 Like