Unable to partially cancel/reduce sales orders - subscriber bounty proposal, your comments please?

So here’s the business case:

1. customer makes an order:
    30x AAA
    50x BBB
    40x CCC
    10x DDD

2. sales submits the order.

3. purchasing begins fullfilment

4. purchasing talks to sales, sales talks to customer: “so hey, we have AAA and BBB for you, but CCC and DDD has to wait. Should we partially fulfill? - Cust: sure.”

5. warehousing dispatches AAA and BBB, but due to some error customer receives only 49 BBB.

6. invoice gets corrected, and sales order now has:
    0x AAA
    1x BBB
    40x CCC
    10x DDD

7. customer decides that they don’t want 1x BBB anymore, but they do want CCC and DDD - but only 5 of DDD. Customer refuses to submit a new PO (and rightly so!)

How can one register customer wishes of partially canceling an order?

Thank you for any ideas other than ‘start mysql client’ :wink:

on that one final note of mine – I know that:

1. update tabSales Order set docstatus=0 where name=‘SO-31337’
  2. change delivery date +1 day
  3. change delivery date back to original value
  4. click save
  5. edit what you want in the order, i.e. set BBB to 49, DDD to 5
  6. click save and submit
    does work correctly and doesn’t seem to leave any destruction after that – although I see some strange voodoo in Projected Quantities, so maybe not ANY, but little :wink:

That being said, it requires my ‘divine intervention’ and disrupts normal day-to-day work of staff.

You should never update docstatus directly through mysql query. As you have bypassed oncancel method, the reverse effect did not take place for calculating projected qty. There are some other methods as well, which did not called.

For now, only way is amending the Sales Order to change the item qty. And obviously you need to cancel Delivery Note and Sales invoice against it to cancel the Sales Order.

Thanks for the info. Do you foresee any problems in the future because of that, or will projections correct over time? I’ll take a look at this ‘oncancel’ thing, so next time I properly cancel without canceling :wink: - thanks for the tip.

This problem still stands and cancelling multiple documents just to resubmit them is unfortunately not really a solution. :frowning:

BTW. There should really be some kind of erpnextnext package, for example costing 100 EUR/month. Each monthly payment would give you 100 EUR bounty power. This way such limitations would be a thing of the past, and I could do business instead of dancing around them :wink: - once bounty gets solved by someone, they get posted bounties minus something like 20% for erpnext foundation costs.

“There should really be some kind of erpnextnext package, for example costing 100 EUR/month. Each monthly payment would give you 100 EUR bounty power. This way such limitations would be a thing of the past, and I could do business instead of dancing around them :wink: - once bounty gets solved by someone, they get posted bounties minus something like 20% for erpnext foundation costs.”

Why not post and explain this idea in a new thread for others to comment?

Meh. This thread’s limited exposure is good for now – bear with me :wink: - If entry price point would be at around 100 EUR/month, I’m sure many sensible companies using ERPNext would sign up. You can figure out some perks for customers or not, but main point is: you give most money back to community in form of bounties, to be posted by your subscribers. Or – if you can and want – keep the money in-house by taking on bounties yourself. Think of it as a point system. You subscribe to erpnext+ for 100 EUR/month, or whatever. For that you get some nice donor badge in the forums for the warm fuzzy feeling you’ve helped a great, free and open project. Moreover, you get 1 point for each 1 EUR donated. You can then attach some of the points you have to your feature request/fundamental problem correction request threads. Or you can transfer them at your will to some other user as a thank you for answering your questions/helping in some other way. Then that user may convert the points back into EUR, obviously at lower rate to cover your costs, taxes and obviously leave some behind to push project forward. Or not – keep the points and then post another bounty/fail/feature request to solve.

If this is something you may want to invest in and try, I’ll gladly put in my time to make a separate thread about this. But other’s comments and my time will be wasted if at foremost YOU are not interested. :slight_smile:

1 Like

“This thread’s limited exposure is good for now – bear with me”

lol I hear you in that case nuff said :slight_smile: