Unable to Save Student Record in Newly Set Up ERPNext System

Hi,

I’m able to set up a new ERPNext, hoping to find the schools app. As I was doing the testing by creating Student Information as for initial information, there is an error message that appear, please see below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 55, in application**
** response = frappe.handler.handle()**
** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 19, in handle**
** execute_cmd(cmd)**
** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 36, in execute_cmd**
** ret = frappe.call(method, frappe.form_dict)
** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 890, in call**

• return fn(args, newargs)
    ** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/notifications.py”, line 208, in get_open_count**
    ** filters={fieldname: name}, limit=10, distinct=True, ignore_ifnull=True))**
    ** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1096, in get_all**
    ** return get_list(doctype, args, kwargs)
    ** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1069, in get_list
    ** return frappe.model.db_query.DatabaseQuery(doctype).execute(None, args, kwargs)
    ** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/db_query.py”, line 80, in execute
    ** result = self.build_and_run()**
    ** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/db_query.py”, line 104, in build_and_run**
    ** return frappe.db.sql(query, as_dict=not self.as_list, debug=self.debug, update=self.update)**
    ** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/database.py”, line 148, in sql**
    ** self._cursor.execute(query)**
    ** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/cursors.py”, line 205, in execute**
    ** self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)**
    ** File “/home/mds/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py”, line 36, in defaulterrorhandler**
    ** raise errorclass, errorvalue**
    OperationalError: (1054, “Unknown column ‘tabGuardian.student’ in ‘where clause’”)
    Report this issue

What is the possible cause of this error?
Thank you

I can confirm this issue.

As a temporary solution, I added a column name “student” in table tabGuardian.

@System19 @Hanna Does the issue replicate on demo.erpnext.com ? I was not able to replicate it. Create a github issue with screenshots please.

Ok Sir @neilLasrado, i will send attach the screenshot of the error on Monday. Thank you

Hi Sir @neilLasrado, upon replication of error it did not appear in the demo site of ERPNext. Error showed up only in the newly set up system.

@Hanna Please run bench update and ensure you are on the latest version.

I will try this and will give you feedback once I’m done with the testing.
Thank you Sir @neilLasrado :slight_smile: