Unable to send emails after latest v14 update

Hi, have just updated latest updates and now I cannot send emails. I have followed the bench migrate as there were notes the database scheme changed, but this has no affect. Any help much appreciated.

Message returned when attempting to send email is: - error smtplib.SMTPDataError: (550, b’5.7.1 Mail contain spam content 55D4E6001F’)

App Versions

{
	"erpnext": "14.24.3",
	"frappe": "14.36.1",
	"hrms": "14.3.2",
	"payments": "0.0.1"
}

Route

Form/Email Queue/351f88993f

Traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 66, in application
    response = frappe.api.handle()
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/api.py", line 54, in handle
    return frappe.handler.handle()
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 45, in handle
    data = execute_cmd(cmd)
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 83, in execute_cmd
    return frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 1607, in call
    return fn(*args, **newargs)
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/email/doctype/email_queue/email_queue.py", line 378, in send_now
    record.send()
  File "apps/frappe/frappe/email/doctype/email_queue/email_queue.py", line 142, in send
    ctx.smtp_session.sendmail(from_addr=self.sender, to_addrs=recipient.recipient, msg=message)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.10/smtplib.py", line 908, in sendmail
    raise SMTPDataError(code, resp)
smtplib.SMTPDataError: (550, b'5.7.1 Mail contain spam content 26EC26005B')

Request Data

{
	"type": "POST",
	"args": {
		"name": "351f88993f"
	},
	"btn": {
		"0": {
			"jQuery360087194049956661711": {
				"events": {
					"click": [
						{
							"type": "click",
							"origType": "click",
							"guid": 1735,
							"namespace": ""
						}
					]
				}
			}
		},
		"length": 1
	},
	"headers": {},
	"error_handlers": {},
	"url": "/api/method/frappe.email.doctype.email_queue.email_queue.send_now"
}

Response Data

{
	"exception": "smtplib.SMTPDataError: (550, b'5.7.1 Mail contain spam content 26EC26005B')"
}

If you are using Frappe Cloud, simply use this app as a quick fix till you figure out the issue.

Normally, email delivery works smoothly with most providers, but getting it up and running with M365 can be a bit more challenging.

Can you tell me which email service you’re currently using?

Hi, using a VPS from hostinger.com, email was running for past 12mths on this VPS, but after the latest bench update emails all return this error.

any updates? I’m facing this error too @klw-sc
Unable to send emails after latest v14 update - #3 by klw-sc)

I moved to use gmail as email provider and it is working, it appears several hosting companies are now adding SPAM filters that are blocking email sent from apps.

1 Like

the system i use uses Microsoft Exchange and email notifications don’t send without being force sent :frowning:

That seems to be different to my issue, MS exchange supports app password, even when I forced the email send I received the spam error, I am using ubuntu 22.02 and it seem to be working fine now. I did need to change the MX records, may be worth chasing up Microsoft to confirm if they are receiving the email and if so you can check the email header for possible issues. It does take up to 30 mins for the emails to send, just check the email queue and given them some time to be scheduled, you may be forcing the email too soon.

Are you using M365?