I downloaded the application and tested it on a test machine for a couple of days, it looks good and I wanted to give it a go for using in our retail operation. Here is what I did:
1. Installed Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit on a virtualbox guest.
2. Followed the instructions at https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/wiki/How-to-Install-ERPNext to install ERP Next, which went without any errors.
3. Executed the instructions at https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/wiki/WSGI-Production-Deployment to get the application to launch as a service on the production box. Again, there were no errors.
After step 3 was completed, I am able to see the generic NGINX html page when I go to http://serverIP which does not redirect the traffic to the ERPNext application. I did change the /path/to/ERPNext path in step 3 (both supervisor and nginx scripts) to make sure that wouldn't create a problem, rebuilt the python script as described at the end of 3 and yet again the ERPNext application is not running.
I am sure it is something trivial as I have been able to get ERPNext to run in the testing mode before. Please let me know what would the issue and any known fixes if you have.
If you are posting an issue,
- We should be able to replicate it at our end. So please give us as much information as you can. Please see it from the point of view of the person receiving the communication.
- Paste your code at http://pastebin.com or http://gist.github.com and send only the URL via email
- For sending images, use http://imgur.com or other similar services. Do not send images as attachments. Links are good. Same goes for any file you are going to send.
End of Note
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-developer-forum/f6968e85-c7bd-4609-9010-11f0bef32bbc%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.