Unsure about E-Mails beeing sent

Every now and then I get errors when sending e-mails. The e-mail in these cases is mostly on which is generated when assigning something to someone on our platform. Heres the message:

{u’heiko.schwoebel@tueit.de’: (553, ‘5.7.1 wolfram.schmidt@tueit.de: Sender address rejected: not owned by user post@tueit.de’)}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/email/queue.py”, line 423, in send_one
smtpserver.sess.sendmail(email.sender, recipient.recipient, encode(message))
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py”, line 747, in sendmail
raise SMTPRecipientsRefused(senderrs)
SMTPRecipientsRefused: {u’heiko.schwoebel@tueit.de’: (553, ‘5.7.1 wolfram.schmidt@tueit.de: Sender address rejected: not owned by user post@tueit.de’)}

I’m not sure, if this is a rights problem on erpnext or a rightsproblem on our mailserver. Any ideas?

Hi @wojosc,

seems like your mail server is configured not to accept mail if the login address and the sender do not match (which is a good setting :wink: ).

If you are using a default sending account in ERPNext, you can use Setup > Email Account > Default Sending Account > Always use Account’s Email Address as Sender

grafik

This will set the login account as sender and resolve the issue. Alternatively, it should be possible to enable your actual account, then ERPNext will send mails directly with your account (simply add a mail account).

Hope this helps.

Thank you for that info.

I have the “default” setting on true for the post@tueit.de account. I’m not using it on my account wolfram.schmidt@tueit.de

If I set “as default” on both accounts, which one would override the other, do you know?

Default should only be set on one account, this will be the account in case there is no user triggerng the action (e.g. notifications), or there is no linked user mailbox. As far as I know, selecting another default will reset the prior default. I guess simply using the "always use account’s email address as sender will resolve your issue…

I shall try that. Thank you!

We are talking about the 3rd tick-box here, right? I think the german translation is not accurate. Could you please refer to where I can commit the change for the proper translation? Thanks!

Yes, the third in that section. And I agree, the German translation is awkward :wink: Your contribution is welcome: https://translate.erpnext.com/

1 Like

We have given the account post@ full permission on all other accounts, but still get this problem every one and again and have no idea where it comes from. Is it possible, that ERPNext ist trying to force the e-mail server to move e-mails from one imap folder to another (between users).

Any hints where to look? I have the timestamp from the error message but no link to the source of the error…