I am writing the steps I followed to update my demo copy of ERPNext to the latest version. This demo is provided as a debian virtual box image. This is probably the fastest way of trying out the application with your real data. This is not a production setup but you can set it up locally to load the real company / financial / stock data for live testing / demonstration of the application.
It took a while for me to figure out various errors I came across during the update and installation process and their resolutions. I hope this proves useful to someone who is a beginner with ERPNext.
Following steps were followed to update ERPNext to the latest version from the Virtual Box Image.
1. Import the image > start the virtual machine
2. Login with (user) erpnext and (password) erpnext
3. Cd frappe-bench
4. ./env/bin/pip install babel
5. ./env/bin/pip install pdfkit
6. Somehow during my installation, a file missing error was coming for (homefolder/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/doctype/website_route/website_route.json), couldn’t find out why, but initially this file was there but got deleted during some of the above steps, so copied this file to the home folder and then copied it back to the above mentioned folder.
7. Cd homefolder/frappe-bench/sites
8. ./env/bin/frappe –latest (this step avoided the ./apps.txt file I/O error)
11. if the update is successful, last messages would be stopping and starting of frappe-worker/web/workerbeat.
12. Login to http://localhost:8080 from your host machine with (user) administrator and (password) admin.
13. ERPNext setup wizard will start automatically at http://localhost:8080/desk#setup-wizard/0
14. Complete the installation through next steps providing the setup data
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/erpnext-user-forum/07c62212-8d59-44a9-8e75-add9b53f4326%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.