We have merged the cms2 branch into the master branch.
The latest update includes the following changes in the website module:
* Page rendering using Jinja2 templating. This makes it possible to load web pages directly from the database and does not require building static html files from database into the file system.
* Product Listing is fixed. You can create a link in the website's top bar to "products.html". To include a product in the website's product listing, go to that Item and check "show in website".
* Comments are now part of the blog page and not a separate listing. This will include the comments when a search engine scrapes your blog. Hence, better SEO.
* A new doctype called "Web Cache" which is used to cache all these rendered pages. This decreases the load time of a page. [Our own website http://erpnext.com
is loading faster than before after this update.]
* RSS has been fixed for blogs.
* Login Page's link has been changed. login-page.html is now login.html and is no more a static file in public folder, but is rendered using a template.
You will need to change your apache configuration, as the new system employs use of a different rewrite rule. This rewrite rule enables use of standard file names like "index.html" and translates it to a cgi request, so that the system fetches the required page from the database, instead of the file system.
In case of any problems, reply on this thread.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext Developer Forum" group.
To post to this group, send email to er...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to erpnext-developer-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.