Sorry not updated in sometime - there were quite a few updates recently (you can check the svn log :)
Since we have a small community on this list, I am wondering if anyone has spare time in contributing on the framework. Some of the new updates I am planning are:
1. Removal of automatic foreign key creation from Link fields - as this causes too much indexing at times as MySQL automatically indexes foreign keys - we need to keep indexing separate.
2. In-session Login - if the session gets expired, then the user must be given a chance to login again through a dialog without losing the session
3. Email Notification on Submit - when a user Submits a record, there should be a way to easily notify via email to related contacts whose email ids are present in the transaction
4. DocType Property Overriding - for mult-database multi-tenant apps, there should be another layer on the doctype that allows the user to customize / override doctype properties without disturbing the doctype (as this can be maintained by the administrator)
5. Multi-lingual module - create a module where the user can add and get messages based on a global language setting - integrate DocType labels to map to this module
6. Scheduler - automatic scheduler that will execute certain methods at given intervals / times and will be fired by cron
7. Incoming (POP3) mail integration - a table that will refresh incoming emails and execute relevant triggers - this is useful for implementing email driven workflow.
8. Re-write of the webnotes.model.import_data module into nice object oriented code
If anyone out there wants to help in implementing any of these features, please let me know - I can surely give time in helping you get started or for any discussion!
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Web Notes Framework Forum” group.
To post to this group, send email to wn...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wnframework+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wnframework?hl=en.