Updating workflow doc status by status of other documents

Hello,
While working on my custom workflow, I’m hitting a brick wall. Here is what I am trying to do:

1. Draft (STATE: 0)
    a. Action: Submit for CS Manager Approval
    i. Next Step: Pending CS Manager Approval (STATE:0)
  2. Pending CS Manager Approval (STATE: 1)
    a. Action: Submit for QA Approval (Submits Document)
    i. Next Step: Pending QA Manager Approval (STATE:1)
    b. Action: Return to Draft
    i. Next Step: Draft (STATE: 0)
  3. Pending QA Manager Approval (STATE: 1)
    a. Action: Approve for Production
    i. Next Step: Approved for Production (STATE:1)
    b. Action: Reject
    i. Next Step: Rejected (STATE: 2)
  4. Approved For Production ( STATE: 1)
  5. Rejected: (STATE:2)
    a. Next Step: Amend
    Amend returns to Draft status
    Up to this point, things are working as you would expect. However, what I am trying to do is update the workflow by Delivery Note and Invoice Status, like the original default workflow does.
    i.
    The problem is getting other doc statuses to update the status of the Sales order after this point.
  6. Delivery Note Fully Shipped
    a. No Invoice Created: To Be Invoiced
    b. Invoice Created:
    i. Not Paid: Invoiced
    ii. Paid: Complete
  7. Delivery Note Partially Shipped
    a. No Invoice Created: To Be Partially Invoiced
    b. Invoice Created: Active Backorder

The problem is that I can’t figure out how to update the workflow from another document status. If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Hello,

Workflow status for one document cannot be updated based on the status of other transactions. Workflow is mainly design for the approval process.

Current Sales Order will have status updated (Not delivered, Not Billing, Overdue) which you can refer to for an update.

I’m sorry, but I’m not following you. Where is the status updates that say “Not Delivered”, etc.? These are the default, but once I put a workflow in place this disappears. I’d like to get them back, if I can, while still having the approvals process in place.

Also, what does “update field” and “update value” actually do? I’ve been unable to figure this out so far. Thanks!

@Christopher_Gregory_

Basically you can choose a field. For eg Status. And update its value, for eg Submitted