Use chart of account three as an enrty point for JV entry

Hi,

In a JV a account head has to be chosen. Not always obvious. Say I bought a small computer item, and now I select from the drop-down list of accounts, and see computers and I select.

Now computers is a fixed asset account, where I actually meant to enter under computer_internet an account i have created under indirect expenses.

To prevent such problems/errors the Chart of Account could be used, since this gives a comprehensive overview of all acounts. After the account heads there are three options: edit-add child-rename.

A now option would be “create Journal Voucher”. Now a JV would be opended with the account head defined.

An alternative could be that on clicking a new JV the option come: “Direct or via Chart of Accounts”. If CoA is selected the tree structure would be shown and the user can select an appropriate account head for the JV. 

Thinking this line, one could also think of a solution, to display the accounts tree from inside a journal voucher. Next to the account entry field the “search link” and “open link” would be extended with “open accounts tree”

Just a suggestion.

regards robert

Robert,

Thanks for these suggestions.

1. Now in the Account selection, you will also see the Parent Account.
2. Also will add an option to create a JV from the chart itself/

(I know have a lot of replies pending on other mails)

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 02-Jan-2013, at 1:52 PM, robert <be...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

In a JV a account head has to be chosen. Not always obvious. Say I bought a small computer item, and now I select from the drop-down list of accounts, and see computers and I select.

Now computers is a fixed asset account, where I actually meant to enter under computer_internet an account i have created under indirect expenses.

To prevent such problems/errors the Chart of Account could be used, since this gives a comprehensive overview of all acounts. After the account heads there are three options: edit-add child-rename.

A now option would be "create Journal Voucher". Now a JV would be opended with the account head defined.

An alternative could be that on clicking a new JV the option come: "Direct or via Chart of Accounts". If CoA is selected the tree structure would be shown and the user can select an appropriate account head for the JV. 

Thinking this line, one could also think of a solution, to display the accounts tree from inside a journal voucher. Next to the account entry field the "search link" and "open link" would be extended with "open accounts tree"

Just a suggestion.

regards robert

I Rushabh,

Just checked your answer 1, but i do not see the parent account; Indeed this would also help a lot to select correct account, rgds robert

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 9:22:27 AM UTC+1, robert wrote:
Hi,

A now option would be “create Journal Voucher”. Now a JV would be opended with the account head defined.

An alternative could be that on clicking a new JV the option come: “Direct or via Chart of Accounts”. If CoA is selected the tree structure would be shown and the user can select an appropriate account head for the JV. 

Thinking this line, one could also think of a solution, to display the accounts tree from inside a journal voucher. Next to the account entry field the “search link” and “open link” would be extended with “open accounts tree”

Just a suggestion.

regards robert

Robert - sorry Just pushed - you should see it in a couple of hours - also pushed major updates on Permission Manager.

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 02-Jan-2013, at 2:54 PM, robert <be...@gmail.com> wrote:

I Rushabh,
Just checked your answer 1, but i do not see the parent account; Indeed this would also help a lot to select correct account, rgds robert

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 9:22:27 AM UTC+1, robert wrote:
Hi,

A now option would be "create Journal Voucher". Now a JV would be opended with the account head defined.

An alternative could be that on clicking a new JV the option come: "Direct or via Chart of Accounts". If CoA is selected the tree structure would be shown and the user can select an appropriate account head for the JV. 

Thinking this line, one could also think of a solution, to display the accounts tree from inside a journal voucher. Next to the account entry field the "search link" and "open link" would be extended with "open accounts tree"

Just a suggestion.

regards robert