Use uom in other custome doctype

hi community
i would to know if there is any possibility to use uom in other doctypes with all the capabilities of it so if i would like to fetch the data with other uom rather than the default one.

regards

Hello,

UoM is an independent doctype, hence you can use it in my link field. However, the validation on UoM like applied in sales and purchase transactions won’t be applied on that custom field. You will need to write the additional script for the validations.

1 Like

thank you @umair
what i need actually is not validation just the conversion and showing each values based on selected uom in reports.
regards

I believe calculating values based on conversion factor will also require custom scripting.

so means the conversion it will be done via scripting what about using uom already built in feature to get the conversion values.

regards

Will be great if you can give a brief on your requirement, with an example. Wil help us support you better.

my requirement is :
i am working on a cstom app which have one table (call it production) in this table every day a field user enter some data with meter cube (uom) but the engineers need this data with fitcube (uom) another one what i decide to do is use uom doctype (table) with the conversion functionnality to achieve this but the problem is how to get the fitcube converted value in the view and reports.

thank you @umair
regards