Using ERPNext_production.ova it does not work

I am trying ERPNext whith the official virtual machine and it does not work.

Im importing virtualized service wiith VIRTUALBOX with 1 Gbite RAM.

I was expecting a better behabiour , at least at the begining.

This is the error message:

Error de servidor: Se recomienda consultar los registros o contacte el soporte técnico.Hubo errores . Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 55, in application
response = frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 19, in handle
execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 40, in execute_cmd
ret = frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 897, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/page/setup_wizard/setup_wizard.py”, line 39, in setup_complete
frappe.get_attr(method)(args)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/setup/setup_wizard/setup_wizard.py”, line 50, in setup_complete
create_logo(args)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/setup/setup_wizard/setup_wizard.py”, line 463, in create_logo
decode=True).file_url
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/file_manager.py”, line 181, in save_file
f.insert()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 189, in insert
self.run_before_save_methods()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 750, in run_before_save_methods
self.run_method(“validate”)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 651, in run_method
out = Document.hook(fn)(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 858, in composer
return composed(self, method, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 841, in runner
add_to_return_value(self, fn(self, *args, **kwargs))
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 645, in
fn = lambda self, *args, **kwargs: getattr(self, method)(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/file/file.py”, line 72, in validate
self.validate_file()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/file/file.py”, line 135, in validate_file
if not os.path.exists(get_files_path(self.file_name.lstrip(“/”))):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/env/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py”, line 18, in exists
os.stat(path)
UnicodeEncodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t encode character u’\xf3’ in position 33: ordinal not in range(128)

behaviour sorry

Welcome @fgarcia

This forum has much to offer in support of ERPNext and your experience with it

Allso tryed the Bitmami virtual machine with bad results.

Desk is not showing anything.

This seems to be much more difficut than odoo.

@fgarcia, I just did an install using the ERPNext_production.ova and there were no issues.

I would however, suggest the following:

1. Increase the memory in the VM settings from 512 to 1024 or even 2048
  2. Change the network from NAT to Bridged Host
  3. Don’t update, Yet!
  4. When you start the setup, begin with English then after the install is complete use the language you want. (Note: this issue/bug has been fixed in the latest version if I am not mistaken)
  5. You will end up with following version
  • ERPNext: v7.2.14
  • Frappe Framework: v7.2.12

It looks like you had selected you a different language to English, which is probably why the UnicodeEncodeError is coming up.

Actually, its far simpler than Odoo. I’ve done numerous Odoo installs and they are painful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you saidsl,

It worked fine with your help!