[v10-develop] Yarn - Rollup - Develop - Docker Issues

Somehow its just not working. I just did a fresh frappe_docker install using the clone -b master bench.git and it installs develop branches with no control I can find.

@felix is there a way (a few instructions for me to test) to install frappe_docker with production/master branches?

I don’t think that’s the problem, when you install a new bench, as far as i know, if you don’t specify branch it will always get the master branch.

snap from playbook:

branch = args.bench_branch or 'master'
	repo_url = args.repo_url or 'https://github.com/frappe/bench'

success = run_os_command(
		{'git': 'git clone {repo_url} {bench_repo} --depth 1 --branch {branch}'.format(
			repo_url=repo_url, bench_repo=clone_path, branch=branch)}
	)

I don’t think so, as far as i know both frappe and erpnext has develop branch as default one …

I don’t know much about the docker setup, so i’m not going to be of much help unfortunately.

@felix- pretty sure it has nothgin to do with docker.

I have spent the day hacking away at clones of frappe_docker and clones of bench trying to find a way to either install frappe_docker using the master branches (no luck) or switch to master once installed (no luck).

Giving up for now…

It could be simpler than it appear …once you finish to set up docker and dbench init, login as frappe user and drop-site, delete /apps/frappe and /apps/erpnext, than use git clone -b master to get master branch

Thanks - will try that. As this is a workaround - i hope we can get standard bench commands working again on develop and frappe_docker at last check these commands do not work:
bench switch-to-master (error)
bench switch to develop (error)
sudo bench setup production (i dont think supervisor or nginix are setup properly)
sudo bench disable-production
bench new-app … (Yes you heard me right, in develop branches i have not been able to create a new app)
bench remove-app
bench uninstall-app

Can anyone confirm if these are working on your end in frappe_docker and/or on develop branches?
If you are struggling with normal bench commands that use to work but are now not please post them here. If some of these have been fixed since my last attempt, please call them out.

1 Like
frappe@458f27f11b17:~/frappe-bench$ bench new-app testing

INFO:bench.app:creating new app testing
App Title (default: Testing): App Description:
App Description: TEsting
App Publisher: Myself
App Email: test@test.com
App Icon (default 'octicon octicon-file-directory'):
App Color (default 'grey'):
App License (default 'MIT'):
'testing' created at /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/testing
INFO:bench.app:installing testing
INFO:bench.utils:./env/bin/pip install -q  -e ./apps/testing --no-cache-dir
frappe@458f27f11b17:~/frappe-bench$
frappe@458f27f11b17:~/frappe-bench$ bench remove-app testing
INFO:bench.utils:['./env/bin/pip uninstall -y ./apps/testing']

> frappe@ production /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe
> FRAPPE_ENV=production node rollup/build.js

Production mode
✔ Built js/libs.min.js

Building frappe assets...

✔ Built css/frappe-rtl.css
✔ Built css/web_form.css
✔ Built css/report.min.css
✔ Built css/module.min.css
✔ Built css/form.min.css
✔ Built css/list.min.css
✔ Built css/frappe-web.css
✔ Built js/print_format_v3.min.js
✔ Built js/web_form.min.js
✔ Built css/desk.min.css
✔ Built js/frappe-web.min.js
✔ Built js/form.min.js
✔ Built js/control.min.js
✔ Built js/list.min.js
✔ Built js/dialog.min.js
✔ Built js/report.min.js
✔ Built js/desk.min.js
✨  Done in 44.734s

Building erpnext assets...

✔ Built css/erpnext.css
✔ Built js/erpnext-web.min.js
✔ Built js/item-dashboard.min.js
✔ Built js/erpnext.min.js
✨  Done in 2.737s

Probably you’ve something wrong in your system; i’ve docker installation and is working fine.

thanks for checking! i work with several other guys and this was bricked on everyones system so it must have gotten fixed - will test again and confirm.