V11 S3 Backup Settings not working

Hi all,
Recently updated to v11 but my s3 backup settings is not working,
When I save the backup settings I get following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/save.py", line 22, in savedocs
    doc.save()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 260, in save
    return self._save(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 296, in _save
    self.run_before_save_methods()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 876, in run_before_save_methods
    self.run_method("validate")
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 772, in run_method
    out = Document.hook(fn)(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 1048, in composer
    return composed(self, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 1031, in runner
    add_to_return_value(self, fn(self, *args, **kwargs))
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 766, in <lambda>
    fn = lambda self, *args, **kwargs: getattr(self, method)(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/s3_backup_settings/s3_backup_settings.py", line 19, in validate
    if not self.endpoint_url:
AttributeError: 'S3BackupSettings' object has no attribute 'endpoint_url'

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py", line 61, in application
        response = frappe.handler.handle()
      File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 21, in handle
        data = execute_cmd(cmd)
      File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py", line 56, in execute_cmd
        return frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
      File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 1020, in call
        return fn(*args, **newargs)
      File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/desk/form/save.py", line 22, in savedocs
        doc.save()
      File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 260, in save
        return self._save(*args, **kwargs)
      File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 296, in _save
        self.run_before_save_methods()
      File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 876, in run_before_save_methods
        self.run_method("validate")
      File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 772, in run_method
        out = Document.hook(fn)(self, *args, **kwargs)
      File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 1048, in composer
        return composed(self, method, *args, **kwargs)
      File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 1031, in runner
        add_to_return_value(self, fn(self, *args, **kwargs))
      File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py", line 766, in <lambda>
        fn = lambda self, *args, **kwargs: getattr(self, method)(*args, **kwargs)
      File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/integrations/doctype/s3_backup_settings/s3_backup_settings.py", line 19, in validate
        if not self.endpoint_url:
    AttributeError: 'S3BackupSettings' object has no attribute 'endpoint_url'

I did a fresh install of V11, S3 backup is working and I noticed there is a new field in S3 backup settings, called Endpoint URL

But this new field does not show when I update from v10 to v11 and hence the error

Currently using
ERPNext: v11.1.5 (master)
Frappe Framework: v11.1.5 (master)

Thanks

1 Like

The endpoint URL field is used as not all s3 storage uses Amazon: there are other companies that provide this and hence specifying the Endpoint URL means that this feature is enhanced.

Looks like there should be a patch to provide this field during a v10-v11 update. Iā€™m not a developer so i canā€™t help Iā€™m afraid but I am having the same isse

1 Like

Hi Julian, did you manage to get a solution to this problem? Are you able to backup automatically in this V11?.
From our side, we have stuck to move to V11, so still using V10

What Iā€™m wondering is that the whole group forum is silent on this raised issue, no-one is responding neither from the forum not from developers. Does it mean that everyone is stuck? Or others are going one while others have stuck and not moving! Donā€™t understand at all

No, Iā€™ve not found a solution unfortunately.

Julian

So Julian, are you using V11 as of now?
Iā€™m envying using this version but stuck with the backup issue

I have seen s well V11.1.9 and somewhere read thereā€™s v12, this means that while others are flying, we are crawling, so pierced off

Forums are more like a bazaar than a cathedral exchange or experience!

So what is going on and what informs us as individuals, all depends on what we each seek here.

If you dive in you will learn lots?

Ok,understood though I wish I could get some support quickly. As I believe developers are also reading from here as well and they could help to make ERPNext a wonderful platform

You are saying thereā€™s not a solution for that?

Havenā€™t got one as of now

You know because of the backup problem, Iā€™m still using v10 while passionate to move to V11 and above

Updating the timestamp on s3_backup_settings.json and then running bench migrate will fix this

1 Like
1 Like

Does this mean that the next Fix will update as well the S3 backup issue? Cause we are waiting for that as well

Yes. It will

1 Like

Thanks bro, that will be great cause at the moment, we are only backing up on Dropbox and we had to wait the fix of S3 backup

thanks @ishanloya