Version used : ERPNext:** v13.0.0-beta.3 (version-13-beta)
I have trying out the dashboard functions. I create a new module and put a new doctype under this new module. At the same time to create some chart and added into a dashboard. I used administrator right have no issue.
But when I try to do it or view it in another user account, it shows the above issue. Even this user account in full access as admin.
Please advice where did I miss out ?
I have a similar Issue on a v13 Instance and was not able to solve it via Role Permissions or similar.
Just know I was thinking about it and came up with a work around…you can give single permissions to people in every DocType. It works in my case:
(1) you’ll find in most DocTypes. The above window will open. Choose the person to permit and give him the necessary rights (2).
Hope it works for you also.
I had a glitch during V13-beta install where the setup wizard failed during setup. Upon retry it succeeded but I noticed that permissions for several doctypes were not set correctly. Restore / reset to original permissions did not work. Tried bench update --reset, etc. - did not help - this is an issue of the incomplete wizard during setup. Running on a VM with 8GB RAM - still had problem where wizard just hangs.
Documenting steps I took to resolve:
Firstly had to ensure that a default company was selected under Global Defaults (under settings). Then I changed the country of the company - and then changed it back to India (so regionalization settings were applied).
Under Role Permissions Manager for that specific Doctype (in my case GST HSN codes) - I had to create a 0 level permission for users ALL to be able to read/export.
For now these steps have resolved the issue for me - until I am able to troubleshoot why the setup wizard hangs during company setup…
Thanks @wojosc. Yes I have tested this and it works as work around .
The things we have to deal with in life…
I had the same issue for the users having “System Manager” and other “Manager” roles assigned for all different modules. Though the users were not able to access dashboards in all respective modules.
After assigning the role “Customer” and “Supplier” to all those users, the issue got resolved. I am using ERPNext: v13.0.0-beta.4 (version-13-beta)