[V14] Unable to Enable/Disable Payments Using Journal Entry

I noticed that I cannot toggle Enable Payments Using Journal Entry under Account settings. I checked the account_settings.json and it is clearly referenced there but the option is not showing on the front end. Is this a bug or this function has been dropped?

UPDATE: So I decided to check the doctype and I found that the field is hidden.

Was this deliberate? I would like to know before unhiding turning this off or on.

Traced the change back to this PR which was supposed to add section headings and groupings to the settings page:

My Accounts Settings page doesn’t even have the Enable Payments using Journal Entry button. Documentation shows it second on the list but it is missing from my settings. Yes, I’m administrator. Did they move it, hide it, delete the option?

@OregonKate The field was hidden. you have to unhide it in order to access it. You cannot unhide it using the standard customize as you will get an error. so you have to go into developer mode, edit the doctype to unhide the field, saved the doctype, go back to Account Settings and it will become visible, toggle it on or off depending on your preference and then undo the doctype edit you did earlier.

1 Like