[V7] POS Screen, Add new Customer

On the POS Screen, The option to add a customer doesn’t populate. I’ve tried in Chrome and IE. As you can see in the image I can only select the one customer I have, no create option.

I think if you don’t select, it will make a new customer. This should be made clearer though!

@rmehta I’m not sure what you mean by “if you don’t select”. If I select an Item, I get the message please select customer.
The “New” button on the right of the page doesn’t do anything. As soon as I select the “Select or Add new customer” The only option available is the exiting customer.

Ignore this I found it’s possible, let me know if this should be a new thread. Is it possible to create a default customer (i.e. CASH SALES) and only change customer if customer requests to create an account?

@rohit_w can you check?

Hi @iadr3805,

New button is used to create new invoice not a customer, To make new customer you have to type his/her name in the search box of the customer, no need to select customer from drop down list. System will check this customer is available or not in the system during synchronisation. If it’s not, system will create a customer in the system.

Thanks, Rohit

Hi @rohit_w,

Just tested this again, you are right if you type a name which doesn’t exist it will create the customer. What it does is creates the customer with just a name. Shouldn’t it go to customer creation page or a pop up so you can enter some detail on the customer rather than just a name.
Am I missing something?

Hi @iadr3805,

Currently this feature is not available, User can add or modify customer data only after synchronisation.

Thanks, Rohit

Hi Rohit,

My first post (Yaahh!!)

I think it is important for a cashier to be able to key in some other basic customer details when creating a new customer and not just name. Phone number/email are quite essential.

I am currently reviewing the PoS module and this feature in my opinion is extremely important.

What do you think?

1 Like

Hi @olamide_shodunke,

Yes it’s important but to make fast entry we just given option to enter the customer name. Can you raise github issue for the same

Thanks

1 Like