V8 Expenses/accounting issues

Hi all,

I was able to migrate from v7 to v8 and so far it’s been great. I do have one major issues with how the new Expenses are done.

Before we would just put in the expense info, once paid via bank, cash etc. it would be approved and done.

Now I am getting errors for which currency the accounts are in.

We have multiple companies Company 1 USA, Company 2 Poland.

When I make an expense for Company 2 Poland, the currency is PLN, everything is set correctly, but then on submit I get an error:

“Account Write Off - Company 1 USA is invalid. Account Currency must be PLN”

When I change it from USD to PLN I then get this error message:

Expense Claim EXP00218: Account Write Off - Company 1 USA does not belong to Company 2 Poland

If I can present more info, provide screenshots etc please let me know as this is really slowing down how we work.

Thanks in advance!

ERPNext: v8.0.45 (master)

Frappe Framework: v8.0.65 (master)

When I make an expense for Company 2 Poland, the currency is PLN, everything is set correctly, but then on submit I get an error:

“Account Write Off - Company 1 USA is invalid. Account Currency must be PLN”

Have you updated Write Off account in the Poland company? Which transactions are you posting (Purchase Invoice/Journal Entry) and getting this error?

When I change it from USD to PLN I then get this error message:

Expense Claim EXP00218: Account Write Off - Company 1 USA does not belong to Company 2 Poland

In the Expense Claim Type, selected in the Expense Claim, check Account selected. Perhaps for the Poland company, there is no default Expense Account defined in the Expense Claim Type.

You should define separate expense account for each Company in the Expense Claim Type master. After correcting that, try creating Payment Entry once again against the Expense Claim.

Hi @umair I was able to fix it. For some reason one of my AR accounts (GBP) as we have some business coming from the U.K. was tripping things up. I changed the GBP account to PLN for Zloty (completely unrelated to this expense) and it now works. No idea what happened there…

If I can dig up more of the issue i’ll let you know as it seems like another underlying bug

1 Like