V8 Search Error

Hey, all was able to update to v 8.0.1! I have an error log full of these search errors. Global search isn’t working as it should.
Thanks!

{'retry': 0, 'log': <function log at 0x7f59a9dee230>, 'site': u'site1.local', 'event': None, 'method_name': u'frappe.utils.global_search.update_global_search', 'method': <function update_global_search at 0x7f59a9deec08>, 'user': u'Administrator', 'kwargs': {'doc': <frappe.desk.doctype.desktop_icon.desktop_icon.DesktopIcon object at 0x7f59a9eeb110>}, 'async': True, 'job_name': u'frappe.utils.global_search.update_global_search'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/background_jobs.py", line 61, in execute_job
    else:
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/global_search.py", line 46, in update_global_search
    for field in doc.meta.get_global_search_fields():
AttributeError: 'Meta' object has no attribute 'get_global_search_fields'

Thanks for reporting. Please create an github issue with full traceback.

Thanks @nabinhait
https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/8233

I’m getting the same errors.

Seems like somehow your frappe repository has not updated properly. Please check if there is any local changes.

Actually, the fault is indeed on my side. The errors are of 44 mins ago, when we were trying to update and faced some bottlenecks.
I guess I just got panicked by seeing 20+ in Error Log.

1 Like

Yes same. The errors all appear to be from the install time. I deleted the errors and don’t seen any more.

I switched to master branch. Thanks!

1 Like

@nabinhait Thanks a lot for all the support. It must have been pretty hectic for you today.

Yes, indeed.

Anyway, I think we should disable background jobs while updating to avoid this issue. Will look into it tomorrow.

Yes thanks @nabinhait - Was thinking the same! Launch day is always crazy. Keep it up and thank you for your help and support!!!

1 Like