Version 12 uses in future

Is it still relevant to stay on version 12 for another 2 to 3 years? It can cause a lot of problem in future, right?

Hi,

I am suggesting you upgrade to the latest version or at least up to version 14.

Upgrade process of ERPNext is robust, recently I migrated one ERPNext installation from version 7 to Verson 14 in stagged manner without any issue.

Thanks,

Divyesh Mangroliya

1 Like

Also, I adding some suggestions.

Staying on version 12 for another 2 to 3 years can indeed cause problems, mainly because version 13 or older versions eventually lose support, making it harder to get updates and fixes. If you’re looking for new features and an improved user interface, I recommend upgrading to version 15. Version 15 has resolved many of the bugs found in version 13 and introduced new features.

However, upgrading directly from version 12 to 15 isn’t possible. You’ll need to follow a step-by-step process: first upgrade from version 12 to 13, then from 13 to 14, and finally from 14 to 15. This ensures a smoother transition and compatibility with each new version.

Additionally, keep in mind that version 16 is expected to be released (No idea about the release date) within a year or so, which will bring even more updates and improvements. So, if you’re planning to upgrade, moving to version 15 now is a good choice to stay current and avoid future issues.

If you want to choose version 14, then you can.

1 Like