Version 5 - Rollout

OAuth login is broken(at least for github), please fix it.

I just tried logging in via github and it worked, maybe you’ve concealed your email address in github.

I see it’s fixed now, previously the “One Last Step” page had only one field(email) for input.

Thanks for looking into this also your reply on my other question.

Regards,
Toni

Good Evening
Is there a way to get 5.x Version from ERPNEXT through get command right now, because using the v4 and then using the migrate command fails.
Try to setup a new machine for testing purposes. Frappe alone works fine with upgrades…
Thanks

v5 will be merged in develop today, so a new bench install will be in version 5

Is it safe for old users to do the update on Production Systems since now develop is merged to v5 branch or is it like that the team would hand hold the migration process.

Production system should always be on master. You should upgrade when we merge to master.

My production system is on develop since the beginning.

I would try and get this done on the test server first before doing any update on my production server.

On a fresh minimal install, run easy install (GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps)without --setup-production to get version 5.

To run, use bench start

Hi,

i tried bench migrate-to-v5 but it shows error :
Usage: bench [OPTIONS] COMMAND [ARGS]…

Error: No such command “migrate-to-v5”.

Did u update the bench?
bench update

Version is merged to develop. So, if you’re on develop branch, just run bench update

i did bench update…but i think im on master branch…
what should i do ?

If you want version 5, run bench switch-to-develop and bench update

2 Likes

Do I need to setup for production again after I switch to develop to get Ver5? If yes then how to do it?
It might be a stupid question, but I am new to this develop/production concept.

Regards,
Ahmed

@ahmed_personal bench will regenerate the required configuration and print necessary command you’ll have to enter to restart/reload the services.

Looks like the V5 is working great at erpnext.com but it is not yet stable so it can be merged into master in the github repo?

What are the new timelines for Version 5 to be out?

@williamjmorenor still testing for a few more days. I am hoping we can do that by next week.

1 Like