Version 7 Update - 12th July - Testing!

Quick updates on v7 ETA

1. All features that need to go in v7 are already in.
  2. Thanks to everyone who is testing v7 and raising issues, keep them coming.
  3. We need to do a lot more testing in-house before we can mark this as ready for release
  4. The grid needs one more round of development. Having so many inputs is not good for browser performance, so we will render only one row at a time.
  5. Documentation and release notes are pending.
  6. I think we should be definitely have relatively stable release by the end of July.

Thanks for your patience and support

24 Likes

Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

bravo

2 Likes

Thanks for the update. Happy to wait

2 Likes

Many thanks @rmehta and the rest of the Frappe team!

2 Likes

Agree with @srinivasragav, I am more than happy to wait for a fast and optimised version 7.
Thanks for the update

3 Likes

Waiting for

5 Likes

Bravo, great work! Can’t wait to test the newest version.

1 Like

Amazing stuff, it’s really coming along.
I have a feature suggestion, it’s very important for small business owners.
This ONE feature is important when you are deciding on giving discount to a customer.
Profitability of a Sale.
How much am I making on a specific sale? Basically selling price rate minus buying price rate
This is VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY important.

It needs to be there on both invoice types, normal sales invoice and point of sale invoice.
Obviously this will be for viewing purposes only and not be printed on the invoice but trust me, in my previous pos system, this was my most valued feature. Determining the size or eligibility of a discount depended heavily on the system’s ability to show me how much I was making on a specific sale during the transaction while the customer waited for my decision.

Please, this has to be in the July v7 release.

3 Likes

What a great stat @Johannes_Maepa, I love it!

1 Like

This should be a very easy thing to implement using a custom script - I’d suggest you do that because not everyone will want/need this extra functionality.

1 Like

well it would not hurt anyone to have that info (disite needing it) either. From that point of view it could be a feature to be implemented in the main branch. Only 'problem might be peole not understnaing that only they can see it but not the customer.

Still if it really can be easily done by a custom script its’ probably worth to do that prior waiting for t to be ‘officially’ implemented.

@Johannes_Maepa in case you make such a script can you kindly publish it, so anyone could benefit from that?

1 Like

@Johannes_Maepa can you create a github issue about this?

1 Like

Great newa.thanks for the update if u can add one more feature please make the income taxe calculation for payroll to work based on formula.thanks

Hi Experts ,

I would like to propose an important feature , to create a production order the entry point should be the sales order and when the sales order is entered the production item should get filtered based on the entered sales order and remaining qty to be booked should get auto populated. I think this makes sense

4 Likes

Already did.

2 Likes

Agree with @srinivasragav . This feature will really be helpful .

1 Like

Must have features @srinivasragav and @Johannes_Maepa . I wish to see both these features in v7.

@srinivasragav @Muthu @Johannes_Maepa if you need more features you can build them, contribute them, sponsor them. Welcome to open source!