Vote for your favourite Frappe / ERPNext contributors (2024)

Vote for your favourite contributors

Rules:

1. Only users with Trust level 1 and above will vote
  2. Last year’s winners excluded
  3. Voting ends 30th September

Best Framework / ERPNext / HRMS Developer

Best App Developer

• Suraj Shetty - Frappe Builder
  • Jannat Patel - Frappe Learning
  • Shariq Ansari - Frappe CRM
  • Ritvik Sardana - Frappe Helpdesk
0 voters

Best Forum Contributor

0 voters

Best Evangelist

Winners will be given a prize at Frappeverse 2024!

13 Likes

Tough choices. Wish one can vote for more than one candidate each category.

5 Likes

All is over expectations

List of forum contributors is not what we expected. I thought @NCP (Nihantra)’s name should be included because he is a “Powerhouse” of our community. However, I noticed that the last-time contributor will not receive the award. It’s good to give someone else a chance.

I was glad to see @avc (Alberto Vásquez Cabo) on the list, but there are two other contributors whose activity you should check from the past year. I think management should consider this; otherwise, there’s no point in having these awards.

Mohammadali Kharodiya: Since May 29, there has been no activity or replies. This means no contributions in the last four months, and his total posts are 192. This seems a bit too much but I don’t mind it.

AjayRaj Mahiwal: He joined on May 28 and has only 11 posts, with 5 of them being new topics. This name is surprising. It’s not clear why he is on the list.

I am not in a position to tell others what to do. However, with the upcoming big conference (Frappeverse 2024), mentioning the name of a nominee should reflect their work. It’s not fair to include those who haven’t made significant contributions. Sorry if this sounds harsh.

We should have included the names below in the nomination form. It was our mistake that we should have added his name in nomination form. There is no use locking the stable after the horses have escaped :sweat_smile:
For Last Years: @bahaou, @Hardik_Gadesha, @Yamen_Zakhour, @mangroliya etc. (checked likes, response and solutions)
For Last Quarter: @Jeel, @Meet, @peterg etc.

People sometimes add fake names multiple times. A description field in the form should be mandatory, so we know why a person deserves the award. This way, we can be sure of their contributions. We can’t change the list now, but we suggest management consider this for next time, as these awards are important. Again, I apologize for the using harsh words :pray:

Still a big congrats from me to all :partying_face: and keep up the good work :wink:

Have a good day.
Thank You!

13 Likes

Hi there:

Thanks for this nomination. Whatever happens in the end this is enough to me … I am really happy because this community is really awesome. People here helped me a lot, I learn many things everyday and I am just trying to contribute back as much as I can do.

@revant_one @peterg @bahaou @batonac @Antony_Praveenkumar
@brian_pond @szufisher @tmatteson @rmeyer @mangroliya @manal_erpnext @smino @Smit_Vora @dj12djdjs @Usama_Naveed, @ahassoun, @flexy2ky @volkswagner @max_morais_dmm @nikkothari22 @kittiu @TurkerTunali @rtdany10 @FHenry @trentmu @Maheshwari_Bhavesh @Hardik_Gadesha , @Yamen_Zakhour, @mohsininspire @snv @Mohammadali@Peer @meet @jeel and many others and, of course, all Frappe staff @NCP (the GOAT :joy:) @buildwithhussain @rmehta @rucha_mahabal @ankush @shariquerik @pateljannat @nextchamp.saqib @michelle … this recognition is for you too.

Sorry, sure I forgot some people here :sweat_smile:
Love.

27 Likes

I agree there are many contributors in our community, and it’s not always easy to mention everyone. But one thing I truly believe is this: If you are genuinely contributing, you don’t need to announce it. Your work speaks for itself, and your name will naturally be recognized by others.

Being a contributor is about sharing your knowledge, helping others, and making the community stronger. If people reach out to you for advice or support, it’s a sign that they see the value you bring. Recognition will come when it’s deserved. :blush:

Also, if you consistently contribute ideas, help others, and invite new users to join, the community will naturally grow. As the community grows, more users will join, and when users increase, so do clients. Eventually, this leads to Frappe being recognized at a global level, achieving higher success and impact worldwide. :earth_africa:

Let’s keep the focus on helping the community grow. If your heart is in the right place, you will make an impact, and your name will naturally shine without needing to push for it. :sparkles:

All the best to everyone contributing! Keep up the great work, and together we’ll take Frappe to new heights. :rocket:

18 Likes

Thanks for the nomination and Voting :star_struck:

Evangelist Category discussion is going strongly here!

Somewhere under the same sky :partying_face:

I think, @buildwithhussain or @TurkerTunali will be an award presenter for this category?

6 Likes

@Shiv_P @avc @rmehta

I want to express my heartfelt thanks for recognising my contributions to the Frappe ERPNext community. Being acknowledged by such an active and knowledgeable group of professionals is truly an honour.

While I’m grateful for the recognition, I would also like to take this opportunity to acknowledge and tag some amazing contributors who have significantly shaped our community and continue to drive its growth and success:

@rmehta @NCP @bahaou and many more

Their insights, commitment, and innovative ideas have inspired many, including myself, and have had a tremendous impact on the Frappe & ERPNext ecosystem.

Being part of this community is an enriching experience, and I look forward to continuing our collaboration, learning, and contributing in any way I can.

5 Likes

don’t you think @rmehta you need to add one more voting section for less contributor (dead weight) and put my name in the list ?
huh @avc @NCP

2 Likes

Can nominated people get Frappe t-shirts only if they finish in positions 2 and 3? :v:

@rmehta :star2: @NCP @buildwithhussain

It will motivate more For Next Season. :trophy:

1 Like

Unfortunately I can’t. I hope next year I will be there.

Really tough choices by the way.

2 Likes

Hi

Why Are there only a few choices ?
perhaps another way to do this is to allow user to nominate someone ?

There is a user further down that asked a valid question … why is @NCP
not listed ?

Please dont get me wrong. I do not mean to negate anyone on the list above.
IT is clear that these people contribute massively, but surely a list of three
people seems odd ?

I do however agree with the concept. i.e. to recognise people spending time to
assist others. That is after all what opensource is all about.

Perhaps it is a good time to extend a warm thanks to everyone reading requests
and assisting others, whether your name is on the list or not. I use many open source products and that is how the user-groupfor that particular product, grows.

Thank you !!!

2 Likes

Hi @trainingacademy,

I truly appreciate your kind words and support for the contributors. Open-source really grows because of the combined efforts of so many people, whether they’re named or not. Every contribution, big or small, helps make the community stronger.

Last year’s winners, including myself, were excluded from the nominations to give others a chance to be recognized.

If you name the same person every time, people might not feel as motivated to contribute. By giving others a chance, more people will feel encouraged to contribute and will tell others that if you contribute, you can earn recognition. From that recognition, you may even reach an award. I really like this approach because it shows that the open-source community is fair and gives everyone a chance to shine. It also lets the world see how much you can contribute to 100% open-source.

Thanks for thinking of me! Let’s keep growing the community together by helping one another, which is what truly matters.

4 Likes

Aaah !! Thanks @NCP , I didn;t look a the list.
Short-sighted of me !

My apologies everyone !