Voucher import

I just studied the structure of the Voucher import excel sheet.

This will be a great time saver. And if I understand correctly, a first step towards easier input of a transaction file downloadable from a bank.

Thinking of this, it would be an advantage of under customer ifo some bank details can be stored as well, eg the accountbnumber and/or the name the customer is known to the bank and thus appearing inn the transaction file.
This would allow to (almost) automatically link the transaction data to the erpnext sales records, with the bank account number as common (linking) field.

Also in the spreadsheet with Voucher data, it would be an asset if the remarks field could be uploaded as well.

Lastly, i see the credit card payment is added as a new class. In europe 95% of payments are made with a debit card that immediately debits your bank account.
So, again for europe, checks do no longer exist. Payments are usually made with a debit card (electronically in shop, restaurant, etc), or by transfering the money from oe account to the other (again electronicall usising the “electronic banking” portal of the bank, or a creditcard (visa,mastercard, America express).

rgds for now robert

Dear Robert,

Thank you for complements and valuable suggestions.

Uploading bank transaction file directly into the system is in our To-do-list. But as file formatting are different from bank to bank, we can design a template, which can be made by minimum effort. For now, you can do that through "Voucher import Tool".

In "Voucher Import Tool", Remarks column is already exists.

And for Debit Card / Net-banking payments, you can select voucher type as "Bank Voucher" as it directly reflects bank account. And in the "Reference Number" field, you can specify Debit Card/Net-banking transaction number.

Regards,
Nabin Hait

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 4:18 PM, robert <be…@gmail.com> wrote:

This will be a great time saver. And if I understand correctly, a first step towards easier input of a transaction file downloadable from a bank.

Thinking of this, it would be an advantage of under customer ifo some bank details can be stored as well, eg the accountbnumber and/or the name the customer is known to the bank and thus appearing inn the transaction file.
This would allow to (almost) automatically link the transaction data to the erpnext sales records, with the bank account number as common (linking) field.

Also in the spreadsheet with Voucher data, it would be an asset if the remarks field could be uploaded as well.

Lastly, i see the credit card payment is added as a new class. In europe 95% of payments are made with a debit card that immediately debits your bank account.
So, again for europe, checks do no longer exist. Payments are usually made with a debit card (electronically in shop, restaurant, etc), or by transfering the money from oe account to the other (again electronicall usising the "electronic banking" portal of the bank, or a creditcard (visa,mastercard, America express).

rgds for now robert

Hi,

is there any way we can export journal vouchers?

Regards,
Sonal

On Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:18:54 PM UTC+5:30, robert wrote:

So, again for europe, checks do no longer exist. Payments are usually made with a debit card (electronically in shop, restaurant, etc), or by transfering the money from oe account to the other (again electronicall usising the "electronic banking" portal of the bank, or a creditcard (visa,mastercard, America express).

rgds for now robert

Hi Sonal,

You can click on Report -> Journal Voucher, select your columns and click on "Export"

You will need to have either System Manager or Report Manager rights.

You can also export the General Ledger to get a summary.

- Rushabh

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 12:38 PM, Sonal <so...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

is there any way we can export journal vouchers?

Regards,
Sonal

rgds for now robert

got it, thanks!

rgds for now robert