Voucher_type what its job in journal entry

i read the documentation but i did not get the clear understand about it
i read some code too but did not get it

Hi,

In GL entry, Voucher Type is used to identify GL entries generated from which Doctype, for example, Payment Entry, Sales Invoice, Purchase Invoice etc.

Thanks,

Divyesh Mangroliya

could you explain it more, please?
sir @mangroliya

In ERPNext, the voucher_type field in the General Ledger (GL) Entry Table indicates the type of transaction that is being recorded. It helps categorize entries based on the nature of the financial transaction, making it easier to manage and report on different types of financial activities.

Key Points about voucher_type:

1. Types of Transactions: Common voucher types might include Journal Entry, Payment Entry, Sales Invoice, Purchase Invoice, and others. Each type reflects a different financial action.

2. Reporting and Analysis: By using voucher_type, users can filter and analyze financial data more effectively, helping in audits and financial reporting.

3. Data Integrity: It helps maintain data integrity by ensuring that the appropriate accounting rules and processes are followed for different types of transactions.

4. User Interface: When creating or viewing entries, the voucher_type helps users quickly identify the nature of each entry, aiding in financial analysis.

Overall, the voucher_type field is crucial for organizing and managing financial data within ERPNext, ensuring clarity and ease of use for financial reporting and decision-making.

it is not to filter the account in the account table based of account type in chart of account?

could you explain it more, please?