Want to add a Table in database but do not want to create any DocType?

Hello,

While programming Route Card DocType I have come to the conclusion that I will have to use a separate Table in DB for handling batch at every process.

Let me try and explain why as I need guidance from experts here.

Actually every Operation in Route Card is performed on a Workstation and this Workstation has it capacity according to which production is carried out. For this the user will have to issue items in batch as per capacity of the Workstation.

To handle the batch at process level I fee I will have to create a separate table in which I will store the information of Batch issued for production and when it gets completed.

So if I want to add a separate table in DB without creating a related DocType what should I do? I am asking because when I deploy my custom app in production that table which is not related to any DocType should also get created.

TIA

Yogi Yang

You might ne able to hack this together using sql queries, but you’d always be at risk for data loss. Why do you want to avoid creating a doctype?

Hello,

Because DocType is searchable and thus user can modify it!

TIA

Yogi Yang

Only if they have permission to, though, no? I’m sorry if I’m not understanding your goals here.

1 Like

@YogiYang I wanted to do the same thing but I couldn’t find a way to do that.

I think that you can achieve what you want by:

1. Marking the doctype a table (istable)
  2. Adding that doctype to another as a Child Table
  3. Setting the child table as hidden.

I don’t think that table doctypes are accessible directly.

@kid1194,

Let me try that idea.

I will post my experience here.

TIA

Yogi Yang

1 Like