Want to downgrade

Hi,

did a bench update and now a crucial feature is not working anymore how to downgrade to previous release?

say I want to go from 7.1.4 to 7.1.3 in production mode.

There isnt a safe way to do that. Do you have a backup of 7.1.3?

Also which feature is not working ? Try fixing the broken feature instead.

thanks @neilLasrado

I have a regular backup uploaded to Dropbox. Last one is 12h old. I do not want to reverse back to yesterday. We did some work untill now.
I posted an issue stock entry error · Issue #6787 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub because I don’t know how to solve it by myself. Waiting for a patch is a way (thanks to the team), but very difficult when erpnext run in production, some coworkers counting on its availability and I’m not sure of the time needed to correct erpnext.

how much is it unsave to downgrade?

The issue is fixed and being tested → [fix] set default value as empty frappe dict by saurabh6790 · Pull Request #6789 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

Would not recommend the downgrade as it can cause unknown trouble. The system is not designed to be downgradable. You will have to reset to a specific commit and run bench migrate. However any patches that would be executed during the upgrade will not be reversed and might cause problems.

1 Like

ok thank you. just saw and applied the patch. @saurabh6790 was really quick to solve the issue.
Hope I will never have to reverse upgrade/update.

1 Like