Web Forms set to "Login Required" disables link fields

I created a web form to key in ratings for a gym trainer.

When I uncheck the “Required Login” for the web form as follow:

When a link field is clicked, the linked selection is shown:

However, when I check the “Required Login” for the web form, the link field then does not provide any linked selection. If I enter the link name wrongly, Frappe will say that the document is not found.

If the link is entered correctly, then Frappe accepts the input and the form submits the input.

I wonder why the linked field is not showing selection when “Required Login” is checked? Has anyone experienced this issue?

Appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks!

You must have to give Guest permission to Gym Member doctype.

Hi mohsininspire,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I did set the Gym Member doctype to allow Guest views:

But it did not work.

Anyway, it does not make sense to me because when I unchecked “Required Login”, it should be more restrictive and therefore the selection for Linked Fields should not come out.

Instead, it is when I checked “Required Login” that the selection (of documents) in Linked Fields is restricted. It would seem to me that since I have logged in, the web forms should offer me more info rather than less.

I have tried to set role permission manager to enable access to the doctypes but to no avail.

What I found out though is that Administrator role will have access to selection for Linked Fields whether or not “Required Login” is checked.

Hope someone can help me out here. Thanks!

Please allow Select also. You can set permission from Role Permissions Manager and select role Guest

I did that:

Still the same; ie. no selection for the Linked Fields when “Required Login” is checked.

When it is unchecked, can select in Linked Fields.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thanks!

Just to double-check, I also did it under Role Permission Manager (instead of just in the Doctype). The result is the same :frowning:

I have provides a solution to this in the attached video.

All the best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Geoffrey, thanks for the solution! :grinning: