Website Settings Landing Page

Hi,

First of all, great piece of software. I have installed and played around with a few instances over the last few months. Great Job!

I started with the debian ubuntu .vdi image that was available a few months back. I just updated to the newest version of erpnext. When trying to set the “Landing Page” in the Website Settings, I encountered an error. Here is the javascript console text:

[21:00:01.054] Traceback (innermost last):
  File “…/lib/webnotes/widgets/form/save.py”, line 36, in savedocs
    getattr(wrapper, action.lower())()
  File “…/lib/webnotes/model/bean.py”, line 257, in save
    self.run_method(‘on_update’)
  File “…/lib/webnotes/model/bean.py”, line 191, in run_method
    getattr(self.obj, method)()
  File “…/app/website/doctype/website_settings/website_settings.py”, line 28, in on_update
    make()
  File “…/app/website/helpers/make_web_include_files.py”, line 19, in make
    with open(fname, ‘w’) as f:
 IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘js/wn-web.js’

Traceback (innermost last):
  File “…/lib/webnotes/handler.py”, line 162, in handle
    execute_cmd(cmd)
  File “…/lib/webnotes/handler.py”, line 195, in execute_cmd
    ret = call(method, webnotes.form_dict)
  File “…/lib/webnotes/handler.py”, line 212, in call
    return fn(**newargs)
  File “…/lib/webnotes/widgets/form/save.py”, line 45, in savedocs
    raise e

It appears I have a permission denied error. How can I fix this? I am trying to do this under “administrator”. Also, I have changed the password for “administrator” a few weeks back. I have also verified that “administrator” has a checkmark for “Website Manager” in its profile page, thus giving it permission as a Website Manager.

Please advise,

fbdystang

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Also, a message window comes up that says “Did not save” after typing “home” into the Home Page field of the Landing Page section.

Again, I LOVE this software package and would like to get it rolling.

I hope that helps,

fbdystang

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:16:36 PM UTC-7, fbdystang wrote:

Hi,

First of all, great piece of software. I have installed and played around with a few instances over the last few months. Great Job!

I started with the debian ubuntu .vdi image that was available a few months back. I just updated to the newest version of erpnext. When trying to set the “Landing Page” in the Website Settings, I encountered an error. Here is the javascript console text:

File “…/lib/webnotes/widgets/form/save.py”, line 36, in savedocs
  File “…/lib/webnotes/model/bean.py”, line 257, in save
    self.run_method(‘on_update’)
  File “…/lib/webnotes/model/bean.py”, line 191, in run_method
  File “…/app/website/doctype/website_settings/website_settings.py”, line 28, in on_update
    make()
  File “…/app/website/helpers/make_web_include_files.py”, line 19, in make
    with open(fname, ‘w’) as f:

File “…/lib/webnotes/handler.py”, line 162, in handle
    execute_cmd(cmd)
  File “…/lib/webnotes/handler.py”, line 195, in execute_cmd
  File “…/lib/webnotes/handler.py”, line 212, in call
    return fn(**newargs)
  File “…/lib/webnotes/widgets/form/save.py”, line 45, in savedocs
    raise e

It appears I have a permission denied error. How can I fix this? I am trying to do this under “administrator”. Also, I have changed the password for “administrator” a few weeks back. I have also verified that “administrator” has a checkmark for “Website Manager” in its profile page, thus giving it permission as a Website Manager.

Please advise,

fbdystang

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement :)

Please join and post these queries on the developer forum. This forum is mostly for feature discussions, technical / installation queries go to the other forum. Will reply you there.

http://groups.google.com/group/erpnext-developer-forum/

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 28-Feb-2013, at 10:06 AM, fbdystang <fb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Also, a message window comes up that says "Did not save" after typing "home" into the Home Page field of the Landing Page section.

I hope that helps,

fbdystang

Hi,

I started with the debian ubuntu .vdi image that was available a few months back. I just updated to the newest version of erpnext. When trying to set the "Landing Page" in the Website Settings, I encountered an error. Here is the javascript console text:

File "../lib/webnotes/widgets/form/save.py", line 36, in savedocs
  File "../lib/webnotes/model/bean.py", line 257, in save
    self.run_method('on_update')
  File "../lib/webnotes/model/bean.py", line 191, in run_method
  File "../app/website/doctype/website_settings/website_settings.py", line 28, in on_update
    make()
  File "../app/website/helpers/make_web_include_files.py", line 19, in make
    with open(fname, 'w') as f:
 IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'js/wn-web.js'

File "../lib/webnotes/handler.py", line 162, in handle
    execute_cmd(cmd)
  File "../lib/webnotes/handler.py", line 195, in execute_cmd
  File "../lib/webnotes/handler.py", line 212, in call
    return fn(**newargs)
  File "../lib/webnotes/widgets/form/save.py", line 45, in savedocs
    raise e

It appears I have a permission denied error. How can I fix this? I am trying to do this under "administrator". Also, I have changed the password for "administrator" a few weeks back. I have also verified that "administrator" has a checkmark for "Website Manager" in its profile page, thus giving it permission as a Website Manager.

Please advise,

fbdystang

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

Hi Rushabh,

Thank you for the response. The Developer forum won’t let me post without a membership. It is pending. Please approve me so I can post.

fbdystang

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:39:37 PM UTC-7, Rushabh Mehta wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words and encouragement :slight_smile:

Please join and post these queries on the developer forum. This forum is mostly for feature discussions, technical / installation queries go to the other forum. Will reply you there.

best,
Rushabh

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 28-Feb-2013, at 10:06 AM, fbdystang <fb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Also, a message window comes up that says "Did not save" after typing "home" into the Home Page field of the Landing Page section.

I hope that helps,

fbdystang

Hi,

I started with the debian ubuntu .vdi image that was available a few months back. I just updated to the newest version of erpnext. When trying to set the "Landing Page" in the Website Settings, I encountered an error. Here is the javascript console text:

File "../lib/webnotes/widgets/form/save.py", line 36, in savedocs
  File "../lib/webnotes/model/bean.py", line 257, in save
    self.run_method('on_update')
  File "../lib/webnotes/model/bean.py", line 191, in run_method
  File "../app/website/doctype/website_settings/website_settings.py", line 28, in on_update
    make()
  File "../app/website/helpers/make_web_include_files.py", line 19, in make
    with open(fname, 'w') as f:

File "../lib/webnotes/handler.py", line 162, in handle
    execute_cmd(cmd)
  File "../lib/webnotes/handler.py", line 195, in execute_cmd
  File "../lib/webnotes/handler.py", line 212, in call
    return fn(**newargs)
  File "../lib/webnotes/widgets/form/save.py", line 45, in savedocs
    raise e

It appears I have a permission denied error. How can I fix this? I am trying to do this under "administrator". Also, I have changed the password for "administrator" a few weeks back. I have also verified that "administrator" has a checkmark for "Website Manager" in its profile page, thus giving it permission as a Website Manager.

Please advise,

fbdystang

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.