What could cause this to only trigger on second selection onwards?

Hi Everyone,

I have encountered a really strange occurance and couldn’t understand what could cause this.

Basically I wanted to fetch some data and populate a few other data fields when user selects a customer on the link fields.

Below is the code:

customer: function(frm,cdt,cdn) {
console.log (“Test”);
cur_frm.add_fetch(‘customer’, ‘customer_address’, ‘customer_location’);
cur_frm.add_fetch(‘customer’, ‘contact_person_name’, ‘contact_person_name’);
cur_frm.add_fetch(‘customer’, ‘company_phone_number’, ‘company_phone_number’);
cur_frm.add_fetch(‘customer’, ‘customer_email’, ‘customer_email_address’);
cur_frm.add_fetch(‘customer’, ‘customer_phone_number’, ‘contact_person_phone_’);

var me = this;
erpnext.utils.get_party_details(this.frm, null, null,
function(){ me.apply_pricing_rule() });

},

The end result is:
Each time form is loaded, the first time the user selects a customer , nothing would happen.
But I can see the word “TEST” occur on console.

Only when the user selects the customers a second time, the data would get populated and a second “TEST” would occur on console.

Since the first time the user selected a customer on the link field, the “TEST” word occured, It means that the functions was executed, but strangely the add_fetch block was not executed.

Only when the user selects the customers a second time the Add_fetch block would execute, any subsequent changes on the link field after that will also run normally.
Which is strange isn’t it?

Can anyone explain how/why this can happen? How do I ensure the Add_Fetch block is executed on the first attempt?

No one have a clue?

you dont need to write script to fetch customer data.

for these customer fields go to option and write like.

customer.customer_location
customer.contact_person_name

etc…

and other functions you can call in this event.

Lol, thanks, this worked !!

Wished I knew what sort of entries can be put into the options field of a forms better …