Why isn't authorization rule applicable to Expense Claim?

Hi,

I just noticed in the process of mapping out a custom workflow that there is no provision for applying authorization rules to Expense Claims! Is there a reason for this? I think Expense Claims require authorizations just as much (if not more) than some of the other transactional documents available. Can this be added and/or is there a suitable workaround?

Note: This is especially needed because as per current design, we have to customise the Expense Claim form for managing both Imprest and Retirement. Looking forward to suggestions

Thanks

Kind regards,

Hello,

I recollect that Authorization Rule was available for Expense Claim, but then deprected. Can you please create Github Issue for this suggestion?

Hi @umair

you’re absolutely right. It used to be there. I was surprised not to find it. Issue added:

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/8546

Thanks

Kind regards,

Hi,

We really hope something can be done about this soon. Not sure why it was ever removed in the first place! Almost every organization I know has limits on how much certain categories of employees can approve for expenses. Currently in ERPNext a user can approve ANY amount of expenses as long as he or she has the role of ‘Expense Approver’ and this should not be!

Thanks

Any Solution??