Why purchase return slip include serial numbers for the accepted product

Why does the purchase return slip include serial numbers for the accepted product?

When issuing a purchase voucher, I determine the accepted and rejected quantity of the product. When I open the return receipt for the rejected quantity, the serial numbers of the accepted products are also written.

When you serialize an item, each piece gets a unique serial number, which helps track individual units. Even when you accept part of a product and reject another part, all serialized items are tracked, including the accepted ones. So, when you create a return receipt for the rejected quantity, the system also shows the serial numbers for the accepted products to keep everything consistent and traceable. This ensures that the accepted and rejected items are properly recorded and nothing is missed when handling serialized inventory.

Well, when I want to approve the return slip, the application gives me a warning for the accepted quantity serial numbers. In this case, the serial number accepted by the user must be cleared manually. Is there a setting I missed? This situation is negative for the user.