Why some users can't access reports and print documents?

Hi,

So I am not new to ERPNext, but am perplexed as to why some users that I have created don’t have access to basic features such as Print and generate Reports. For example I have stated a user to be HR Manager, this user can view all employees (read, write, etc) but they can’t view any reports (as in the select on top of list is not there) plus once inside the user they don’t get the option to print.

I as System Admin do have this option.

I have gone into Role Permission Manager, and made sure this user role had checked Reports and Print options.

Any help or insight is as always greatly appreciated.

Ok solved my own issue. Writing here in case someone has a similar problem.

So ERPNext is pretty out of the box, but there are some minor configuration issues you should be aware of. One such example is the HR Manager, which is a predefined role within the system.

Search Role in the top search bar. and click on Role List.
From there, search HR Manager or whichever role is giving you this issue. Once inside you will notice; Navigation Settings, List Settings, and Form Settings. Each has checkboxes with permissions which should have been marked for this level of user but wasn’t. Like the search bar, sidebar, or even view switcher. Click on the ones you wish and done.