Add desktop icon to link my custom html page

Hi,

I would like to know if this is possible because this page doesn’t involve any doctype.

It just a html page created in www folder.

I’m trying to create a better access to the html page by just clicking the icon on desk page rather than typing the url manually.

Thanks, really appreciate for any input.

Hi,

Is there anyone that have done similar things ?.

Any input is really appreciate.

Thanks

you have to set in desktop.py of your custom app, have a look at:

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/blob/develop/erpnext/config/desktop.py#L128

Awesome, it works.

Thanks a lot.

Hi ! Does this work for Web page? because I tried adding this to my desktop.py:

{
“module_name”: “someapp”,
“color”: “#F1C40F”,
“icon”: “octicon octicon-graph”,
“label”: _(“Some Pie”),
“type”: “page”,
“link”: “pie_chart”,
}

Bu when I click the Icon it goes to http://0.0.0.0:8001/desk#pie_chart instead of http://0.0.0.0:8001/pie_chart only.

Any answer on this one? I added:

	{
		"module_name": "someapp",
		"color": "#3498db",
		"icon": "octicon octicon-package",
		"type": "page",
		"link": "dashboard",
	"label": _("Dashboard")
	},

and I cannot get this to show up on the desktop for any user including Administrator.

Edit: I did a bench migrate and bench start and everything ended up working with the exception of the actual link. Instead of http://0.0.0.0/dashboard I get http://0.0.0.0/#dashboard. Is there any way to get this to get rid of the ‘#’?

Rather than using this method,you can create at Desktop Icon.

Desktop Icon > Menu > Add to Dekstop

When you refresh you will see a new created entry . Just edit inside and done.

Could you clarify? The only thing I can find when searching Desktop Icon is a doctype and all I can do is customize the actual doctype. Can’t seem to find Desktop Icon > Menu > Add to Desktop

Sorry, i think they have change it in latest version, working fine on v7.0.x.

is it possible to add desktop icon for a filtered list view of a doctype?

For example payment entry with Receipt Type

Hello @naim5441 can you please explain how it works for you

@mike2561 i tried this same process but nothing was coming out, after bench Migrate and bench start nothing still happens.

Any help please

Hello @JoEz Can you help shed more light on this.

I would really appreciate

@johnskywalker i currently added my Script but it was not showing on the Desktop at all… any help please
below is my script

{
“module_name”: “Metabase”,
“color”: “#f39c12”,
“icon”: “fa fa-truck”,
“icon”: “octicon octicon-package”,
“type”: “page”,
“link”: “dashboard”,
“label”: _(“Dashboard”)
},

Try:

{
“module_name”: “Metabase”,
“color”: “#f39c12”,
“icon”: “fa fa-truck”,
“icon”: “octicon octicon-package”,
“type”: “page”,
“link”: “/dashboard”,
“label”: _(“Dashboard”)
},

I tried this also and I still don’t have the Icon showing.

I tried this also and I still don’t have the Icon showing.

Has anybody got through this? I have created the web page under website and want to show an icon on desk.

you can add icon to modify in this file same as explore icon:

frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/core/page/desktop/desktop.js

var explore_icon2 = {
module_name: ‘Sales Analytics’,
label: ‘Sales Analytics’,
_label: __(‘Sales Analytics’),
_id: ‘Sales Analytic’,
_doctype: ‘’,
type:‘page’,
icon: ‘fa fa-bar-chart’,
color: ‘#7578f6’,
link: ‘sales-analytics’
};
explore_icon2.app_icon = frappe.ui.app_icon.get_html(explore_icon2);
all_icons.push(explore_icon2);

That’s changing frappe!

And It will show up automatically without access rights assignment?