Bench update issue in v9

Hello,

I have the latest code of the frappe and erpnext application. And I noticed one issue in this v9 code.

Whenever I update my bench with bench update command, I got this common message:

It seems that there are some changes in the erpnext / frappe app. So, these conflicts are come from the git.

But the interesting thing is that I never do any changes in the base (base application like erpnext-frappe).

When I am going to see the changes inside the frappe with the help of git status, it gives me the file name which is updated inside the frappe.

modified: frappe/public/css/docs.css

Inside the public → CSS → doc.css file, there are some lines of code which are automatically changed.

I face this issue every time when I use the bench update.

So, Please give me the solution for this issue.

Thank you.

If you have not made any changes, you can use
bench update --reset

1 Like

@netchampfaris,

Thank you for the reply.

Let me try with this command.

But Can you please give me the reason for this issue. Because, in the previous version, I used the same command to update my bench. But I never faced this type of issue.

Hye @Chandresh_Thakkar
This issue happened because you have made changes in the ERPNext file (local changes). Or easy to understand you have edited any file of ERPNext or add new doctype in your system. So the update could have some issue because the file you edited is different with original file or the new file created is also different with the original file (which is update is take from frappe/erpnext repository)

Hope this help you to understand the issue

But the problem is I did not make any changes in any file of the erpnext or frappe.

It’s okay if you’re not make any changes. But i just tell you that the issue happened is because have the changes in the file. Maybe you did the changes but you didn’t notice. Or do you ever try to edit in current doctype or sth?

Hello
I have noticed vthis too when I know I made no changes myself. But check permission s and ownership on case you ran bench as root once for example.

Either way it’s easy to do a bench reset and will do no harm if you haven’t changed any files yourself

Several users (including myself) have had this issue. I just put it down to some weird occasional github issue. If you have mede no changes just do the following and everything will be fine.

cd /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe
git reset --hard

cd /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext
git reset --hard

cd /home/frappe/frappe-bench/
bench update

This could be the issue. Maybe you did a git pull with another user and those permissions stuck ?