Can we use POS for Sales Order?

Hi,
I generally do not POS. But a long back I noticed that UI was available for Purchase Order, Sales Order and Sales Invoice.

But now, I am not a able to find how to setup a POS vies/profile for Sales Order.

I appreciate if anyone can answer this question.

Regards
Ruchin Sharma

@ruchin78,

POS for Purchase Order, Sales Order has been removed from the POS page, Currently POS is only available to create the sales invoice.

Thanks,
Makarand

@makarand_b
Is there any way that we can customize a POS like add more field, run some script etc.

Regards
Ruchin Sharma

@ruchin78,

To add more fields in POS you will need to make changes in the pos.js file but may cause the issues while future updates.

Thanks,
Makarand

@makarand_b

Is there any way that we can use the POS view of Sales Order again?
Like by using any existing API’s, hooks or something, or I need to design it from the beginning.

Regards
Ruchin Sharma

Hi @ruchin78

Currently there is no way for it,

Yes, you have to make custom interface using Page and has to write code to make a sales order

That’s very disappointing… In my business, we have to enter hundreds of sales orders daily. The POS screen was perfect for that (with the big item buttons, etc)…

Data entry in the SO grid view is quite slow compared to the POS screen…

1 Like

Agree with @nafifi & @ruchin78 here.
POS seems to be a great tool to do data entry at any point, especially with its offline mode.

Uses could be at →
Sales Order
Purchase Order
Purchase Receipt
and any type of Stock Entry

@rohit_w What was the last version where POS had sales order?
How different is it from the current system?
Could that be of any use to quickly get a POSales Order?

I am happy to take a lead on this project to create a roadmap if there’s enough interest.
Would like to get feedback from people interested in this topic ealier.
@jof2jc @max_morais_dmm

Here are some threads about this feature

2 Likes

Any update on this ?