Hello ppl of ERPnext and Frappe. Before I make my question let my clarify
- I have made my research through forum and tried to find solution. The solutions aren’t complete and vague from unexperienced users (Please if you read this topic, do not answer something that might think is right. Newcomers can’t evaluate your answer)
- I need to setup Frappe for Mac OS and no I dont wan’t use the provided vagrant file.
- I have priori experience in Python and db management with command line.
So, the question,
How to setup EPRNext in a fresh Mac os using the official documentation?
Assuming brew and brew cask is installed, the documentation states:
- Python 2.7 (brew install python)
- Mariadb ( Official guide and also mysqladmin -uroot password ROOTPASSWORD
and brew services start mariadb to start it)
- Redis (brew install redis)
- WKHTMLtoPDF with patched QT ('brew cask installl WKHTMLtoPDF ')
git clone GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps bench-repo
sudo pip install -e bench-repo
Anyway, so far for good,
bench init frappe-bench && cd frappe-bench
bench get-app erpnext GitHub - frappe/erpnext: Free and Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
bench new-site site1.local # Create a new site
AND BOMB!!! error, … Mariadb my.cnf must setup
Now, if someone search in the forum will find many ppl faceing the same,
Why developer aren’t clarifying the setup process ?
How the hell we donna work to ERP when setup doesn’t work?
Why in the tutorial video the creators are using Frappe with a Mac …not vagrant… and no proper setup guides are provided?
Try to solve this:
sudo cp /usr/local/Cellar/mariadb/10.1.13/support-files/my-small.cnf /etc/my.cnf
I taking the official small.cnf from Mariadb to /etc/my.cnf , the default location for my version as Mariaddb will search for.
brew services stop mariadb
brew services start mariadb
Running again: bench new-site site1.local and BOMB, database exists. Thats no problem,
mysql -u root -p , SHOW DATABASES; , DROP DATABASE #$342342;, EXIT;
Running again: bench new-site site1.local and BOMB, Mariadb my.cnf must setup…
Reading around: changed also developer_mode:1 and restart mariadb and BOMB,
As you see I have a beautiful error circle…
So guys, can anyone tell that Frappe needs to setup a single site without bench command?
Is there a clear guide that I miss?