ERPNext Mobile on Android Store!

Google play is the answer …can I ask why u need the apk?

Short answer — The Great Firewall.
It’s a PITA to install Google services on all the phones of colleagues in China.

@strixaluco got it …ask ERPNext Team if they can send u apk.

I would gladly submit it to F-droid.

1 Like

Sure!

@netchampfaris lets make a repo for the latest erpnext andrioid apk

2 Likes

Here’s the repo: GitHub - frappe/mobile-apk: Android apk file for non-Google Androids

1 Like

Great! Thanks for binary.
Any chance to have source code published as well? It seems to be necessary requirement to submit application to F-droid:

For software to be FOSS, the software in its entirety must be so - including all libraries and dependencies used. Additionally, it must be buildable with only FOSS tools.

Additionally:

• the source code for the application must be maintained in a publicly accessible Version Control System which we have support for (git, hg, svn, bzr), and the source code needs to be maintained in an up to date state.

We have said this elsewhere. The app is just the mobile site in a Cordova container and we don’t publish the source as it will create clones. We will reconsider this in a few months though, once the app is stable

Yes, I’m aware that it’s a Cordova container. It’s okay, then let’s just wait until you decide to publish the code, using standalone apk. meanwhile. But for sure it would be much better to let package manager to take care about updates and the rest.

Trying to install the .apk on my android 4.4.4 gives a “parsing error”

Is it possible to have a 'Remember Login" checkbox for the iOS version? It is a hassle to re-key in my login name and passwords everytime I use the app. I gave up and use the mobile browser interface instead.

1 Like

Do you still have that error? I’ve checked on 4.4.4 as well and it works without any issue.

Yes, that’s a bit annoying sometimes for our colleagues too.

gave up and use the mobile browser interface instead

Is there any advantage with using the App over mobile browser at all? I noted the the computer firefox generally runs smoother then the mobile FF

Will try adding it in the next version.