Fixing the order of Columns in the child table

Working in the quotation doctype, I want to fix the columns in the Item table.
Everytime I Open a quotation doctype, the column jumbles and it is becoming for my users to use it as everytime I need to move the columns. Can I have a permanent fix for that…
I am attaching a screenshot as well.

Please help me acheive this functionality

Reference: I can't see the table columns while login as user - #2 by NCP

I understand that the table view is a flexible feature and I appreciate that but for the first load it should be fixed for every user, otherwise data entry becomes mess.
My main concern is regarding this.

i think it’s not possible to set the same for all users. But you can try these steps: first, “reset to default” from the gear icon and set “Is list view” from the customize form, then check it. and after then you have to remove the gear icon from the all user using the client script.

Okay, Thank you NCP
I will try this approach and revert back to you if I catch any error.

I did the following.

Login as admin.
Go to a sales order
Click on the gear icon for the item list.
Click on ‘reset to default’
Go to customize form.
Go to the table for the items.
Could not find “Is list view” but found ‘In List View’.
Got the following error.
‘In List View’ is not allowed for field Items (items) of type Table
Within the item table properties, there is an option to go into ‘Sales Order Items’
Is there something in the ‘Sales Order Items’ doctype that I can change to set the default? Could not figure it out.

I already told you, it’s a flexible feature.

In the past, when the system wasn’t flexible, users suggested that different columns should be visible for each user. Now that the system has become more flexible, it seems that we are seeing fixed columns instead. It’s important to remember that not everything can be achieved in one place. However, you can check if the client script is being applied by reviewing the core code. In the older version, client scripts were used, but in the newer version, it’s unclear if they still are.

Thank you for the reply.

Did not mean to make you frustrated.

Again thank you for the reply and advice.

You’re very welcome! No frustration at all—I’m here to help. :slightly_smiling_face: It’s great that you’re asking these questions. The flexibility of frappe has definitely evolved, and while it might seem like some features are fixed, there’s often room for customization through client scripts or configuration settings.

Old reference: Issue with Custom Script for List View

Thank you for understanding and I am relieved.

Thank you for the link with the client script. I will try it out.

Just mentioning this incase there are people trying this out.

Erpnext 15.

When we edit the Sales Order Item doctype, there is a checkbox called " Editable Grid". If we uncheck it. The gear icon will disappear for the user. Just in case one does not want the user to change anything.

We can also prevent a field from appearing in the sales order page by going to the field and checking the box “Hidden”. This was done in the ‘Visibility’ section of the field properties. Not sure if this will cause other issues.

Next it the same field properties, it is possible to change the number of columns that field will take. It is found at the bottom of the field property page called “Columns”

Still trying to get some example code for client side scripting. The above code in this page does not seem to work. Maybe it is because I am using version 15.