Flat UI Theme for ERPNext v12

A discourse filter flagged your post. But after I canceled that, I had to manually change the unhide flag. A search turned up for eg. this Moderator flags as inappropriate should hide post - feature - Discourse Meta

2 Likes

@hashir I really like the design, do you have or find any documentation to how to create a custom UI in the v.12 ?

1 Like

Very nice design - it could be a cool idea to have a directory with Themes available for erpnext.

5 Likes

This is great, let me know if you want my help on sending to your repo.

1 Like

Good to see some colours. Many competing ERP throw in lots of eye catching UI without many meaningful functions but customers fall for it. Have got review that ERPNext is very bland. Serious customers take ERPNext and after few months of usage realise the power and potential behind it. Would be good if this kind of UI comes to core.

8 Likes

i dont have any documentation specific for custom UI, but few discussions which gave me some idea on how to create an app are,

https://frappe.io/docs/user/en/tutorial/new-app

Basically what i did was create a new app from bench using,
bench new-app app name

It created few files. And then i added my css in the public/css folder within the new app. The css path was also added on hooks.py

Then i installed the app to my site using,
bench --site sitename install-app appname.

Voila…

I will be posting link to the files once its on github.

5 Likes

This is good. If you need help with git then feel free to ask.

1 Like

Totally Agree. ERPNext is a really powerful and truly functional ERP system. Similar UI and colors will add value, for customers who go by looks.

yes please. i am using erpnext on bitnami stack. will that be ok?

Yes it is fine.
The easiest I can suggest is to create account on github.
Create new project and just copy paste all the files if there are only css n js from the ui customisation.

1 Like

i wish to work on more pages and design elements. so it would be good if i can push the new changes too. i already have an account on github and project created.

Thank you so much! I have to start “play” with template soon!

1 Like

i have pushed the theme to github. Thanks for helping me out.

4 Likes

Hi @hashir… I’ve installed the theme, and, after first use, I’ve got some issues:

1. The E logo is huge (I’ve changed in css, but I believe you have to create a option to whom doesn’t change the icon!)

1. The status in lists is smaller than the other fonts. It seams that it aren’t on bluetheme.css, and is getting the config from desk.min.css

1. The icons in the first page are strange… Seams the shadows are not in place. EDIT: you are pointing to the E logo, in bluetheme.css

For now, thats it.

Thanks!

2 Likes

For #3 have you try the steps explained in git readme?

1 Like

Nice :+1:

No… I just saw after… :blush:

One doubt: This theme changes also the system e-mail configs?

Before:

After:

And… Do you know how to change this color?

I’m trying to change via frappe-web-br.css, but, after bench restart, its getting back to this collor…

Every thing looks good for icon
but E logo is so big
No Bold Font
how to fix this
I follow yours steps in get-hub read me

@hashir