Funding campaign - Feature Request - Sub Warehouses #1008

https://frappe.github.io/frappe/user/guides/app-development/adding-module-icons-on-desktop.html

Best,
Anand Doshi

ERPNext

@strixaluco FYI: I haven’t heard back from bountysource in regards to the invoicing question yet but trying to push that now a little. Will keep you and everyone else posted

@vrms Thanks and sorry for delay. Have just posted the bounty here: Bountysource

1 Like

just regarding the logic … I would suppose there is not need for anything ‘extra’. Any Warehouse location is identical. There is just an “has sub-location” option that can be either TRUE or FALSE.

if “has sub-location” is TRUE you need to choose (or create) a sub location. so logically each location is identical.

One question that comes to mind though is whether it needs to be made impossible to do illogical constructions (like location > location B > location A). Maybe that’s something I wouldn’t care about for the first version and only add such if it turns out to be necessary

Hello all,
Thanks for all the efforts.
We have a client looking for warehouse management system.
Requirement in detail:
In Docket:
-Client/Product Details/Dimension
-Bin Details (Allocation of the product)
–Warehouse Type (Dry, AC, Chiller, Freezer)
– Block No. (Rack)
– Bin No. (Show all/ Free/ Filled)

Out Docket:
Product Details/Receivers Detail.
Warehouse Block Search.

Invoicing/Billing.
Occupancy Charts.
Accounting.

Hope this is sufficient. It should contain all the basic attributes for warehousing.

Looking forward to work along on this and add this to the Frappe Community.

@fkardame honestly it’s a little difficult to understand your posted requirements really.
I am not even sure that they are all directly related to the matter of this development (sub-warehouses).

Sorry about that. But these are the general aspects of warehousing. Once these attributes are added to an app of erpnext then further customization can be conducted.
Firstly we require standard attributes of warehousing which i stated above in the previous post.

well, probably it’s more important the person who is actually coding this can follow your post.

Hi folks. Any further update on this?

Thanks.

1 Like

@mikhail.s
Are you still working on this project?
If so, please provide an update.

Many Thanks!

Sorry guys, i wasnt able to achieve any success in this task.
Please, go on with development without me.
Again, sorry for taking your time.

It’s a pity, but thanks for trying anyway.
@cpurbaugh @Muzzy @fkardame @sellisjr, guys, have you/your customers considered sponsoring the feature? I think we should just collect sufficient amount of bounty and then someone will pick the development up.

1 Like

Hi and thanks for the update. Can we have a ballpark figure about the cost to figure out if this can be acceptable to our client.

@Muzzy

@mikhail.s would it make sense to publish your fork/branch, so someone might be able to use anything as a starting point?

Maybe you are less further away from success then you even think and a second pair of eyes could help to succeed nevertheless.

@strixaluco @cpurbaugh @Muzzy @fkardame @sellisjr I think I am going to post a job for this here once I have a minute

1 Like

Yes, we should do that, but probably it’s better to collectively create a list of requirements first, otherwise we might face the problems upon approval stage if different parties have different expectations (which we do have, pretty likely).

@vrms honestly, i dont think so. there are some junky chunks of code here
and there which i was playing with, testing things out and so on. It will
consume much more time for anyone to understand that code, rather than
write everything from scratch.

true … here you go erpnext_sub-warehouse/specifications.md at master · dulhaver/erpnext_sub-warehouse · GitHub

@mikhail.s @strixaluco @cpurbaugh @Muzzy @fkardame @sellisjr please feel free to add.

1 Like

Great, thanks! I’m perfectly fine with your specifications, but maybe someone else would like to add more.

@strixaluco i think also being able to transfer the stock from one shelve to another is required to help support the storage and shop front stock…

also custom numbering (not only naming) of the shelve would be great… :smiley: