Funding campaign - Feature Request - Sub Warehouses #1008

I am not familiar with the warehouse functionality at all but I would assume moving items from 1 warehouse to another is possible by default. So I think that’s does not need to be added to specs of these sub-locations

[quote]
… also custom numbering (not only naming) of the shelve would be great
[/quote] in case you are familiar with github and have an account … can you fork the repository https://github.com/vrms/erpnext_sub-warehouse and make a PR please? If not, I’ll add this for you

@vrms am not talking about warehouses, am talking about the sub warehouses / bins / shelves…

we are in retail and manufacturing business and we have much difficulties when it comes to stock management because we have one item in the warehouse and in the storage of the shop and in the shelves as well so there is 3 locations not only 1 or two…

am not really familiar with github but i think i can do this, but how i would load it to my development server?

I know, but in the logic of the specifications I have drafted each location is logically equal (not matter whether it’s a warehouse, a shelf, a bin, or a plastic bag). So from that perspective if you can move between warehouses you also can move between shelves (because they are logically the same thing)

@vrms am a bit confused, because the warehouse in erpnext is a setup / core feature not a module, am i right?
so if your making sub warehouses will it be a module and linked to the core warehouse or it will be integrated to the core ?

because if its a seperate module then the logic of warehouses will be gone already

just to clarify … I am not making anything. I am trying to coordinate this project.

It (hopefully) will be funded through this campaign by more then @strixaluco and myself and coding will be executed by a freelancer (which still has to be found and hired). I don’t remember whether you wanted to contribute some of the funding? Now would be a perfect time to add some. I think $15 is the minimum.

The question whether this feature is being added on Top as an external App or incorporated in the base code is to be decided. I personally think it should be incorporated in the base code, but that is something that also the Frappe core developers have to agree to. I would expect they are open to this once the code is clean and mature enough. Maybe @anand could comment on this.

in the end of this month hopefully i will contribute 100$, waiting for the salary :smiley:

that’s great news, thank you !!!

Speaking of which … @cpurbaugh @Muzzy @fkardame @sellisjr how loose are your pockets these days? Can we expect any of your $ on this? As per the estimate given by @rmehta about $500.- is what’s required.

this is the place where to contribute https://www.bountysource.com/issues/1319544-feature-request-sub-warehouses

Hi. Our client was seeking a demo before committing. Nevertheless we can ink in $100. Even if this client fails to close out, the possibility is there for pitching it to others. Give us sometime as we are expecting some payments.

@Muzzy still new to bounysource yet but I think the money is being paid out only after the code is accepted. So, if I am not mistaken in this, there is no big risk for your client or anybody else from that perspective.

@vrms @Muzzy Exactly, the bounty won’t be transferred to developer until all backers accept his claim (see FAQ). Moreover, you can request cash out, just be attentive during bounty submitting ­— you have to choose ability to cash out explicitly, as there is an option to leave the bounty inside for other projects.

hello @everybody

we seem to be stuck a little with this mainly because the etimate budget (estimated $500) is only funded partially ($115.-) so far

@cpurbaugh @Muzzy @fkardame @sellisjr you all ave expressed certain interest in this feature and at least some of you where down for a contribution … Any reason that made you stop?

we are ready in terms of specs and platform for the funding … so let’s go ahead everybody. I am not prepared to just bury this project.

@anand I now you are super busy with release of ERPNext 7 these days supposedly. Still it would be great whether you find a minute to comment on the question raised 2 or 3 post earlier regarding integration of subwarehouses in the main code or adding up to it with a custom App from your perspective?

2 Likes

@ramielian, sorry to bother you, but do you have any news regarding your contribution? :blush:
@cpurbaugh @fkardame @Muzzy @sellisjr , guys we really should start moving further with the project, please consider donating if you want this feature to get implemented.
Thanks.

@strixaluco am actually having financial problems at the moment and i cannot even go back to my work country due to visa issues and insufficient funds… so any contributions to me would be very appreciated :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to hear that and wish you arrange all the things up.

1 Like

My management is aware of this project, but as of today have not approved the expense.

Hello, Even though the client has not yet replied I have gone ahead with $50 for this project now, We would have been more financially supportive but situation is extremely difficult for now.

Hope few others also pitch in and someone creates the codes.

2 Likes

That’s great, @Muzzy! Thank you for contribution.
@cpurbaugh, thanks for update. There is definitely a difference between what you’ve written in the thread on the Bountysource and specifications draft, made by @vrms, so I assume you might want to commit some changes to the draft.

by the way … this is the job I have posted. There is one interested party so far

and it would be great whether someone from Frappe Pvt. @anand, @rmehta, or anybody else from the core team could comment on the question whether from your point of view this feature would be integrated in the core (which I think is the way to go) or rather be added as an external App.

@max_morais_dmm @ccfiel @kolate_sambhaji would any of you be interested to build this?

Sub-warehouses should be part of core ERPNext

1 Like

Indeed, our company intended to sponsor development and to have the feature in the core and it’s great to know that Frappé team shares this point of view.
@vrms, thanks for creating the job listing. I think at this point, as @anand confirmed intentions to have the sub-warehouses feature in the core, you can explicitly tell mr. Maroof Ibrahim from Maven Solutions that the code has to be merged upstream. From my humble experience, service providers expect to develop the code for standalone instances by default, not for upstream branch.
Also please check if you agree with my pull request to specifications.
Thanks.