[Guide] How to install ERPNext v15 on Linux Ubuntu (step-by-step instructions)

@shashank_shirke. There is nothing change in command.

You just copied and pasted it here on the New Thread.

change is here 5.2 Initialize Frappe Bench

bench init --frappe-branch version-14 frappe-bench. ## change to 15

No any Official Release for the below app.

User will face incompatibility issue.

Thanks.

The v14 thread is too long now with 200+ replies and so it is better to have any issues related to the latest v15 in a separate thread instead of continuing in the old v14 thread.

As of now, the HRMS app currently does not have a version-15 branch (only version-15-beta is there) and so it installs the develop branch by default. I have tested this and it seems to work

There is also a change of version numbers for Node (4.2) and for get-app erpnext (6.1)

Also, I tried installing the Python 3.11 release but v15 still requires python3.10-venv so continued with 3.10 for now. Let’s see if others encounter any issues with v15 and we can continue to update the guide accordingly.

You can try this unnattended install script to install version 15.

in addition, you can select the specific version you wish to install. currently supports installation of Versions 13 to 15.

5 Likes

Here comes the Video Tutorial for same…
Installation of ERPNext-15 on Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS

1 Like

Hi @shashank_shirke ,
Thank you for your details installation.
Kindly, I have a question.
Can I use this documentation to implement ERPnext for my customer? I mean is this stable and doesn’t have any interruption?
Am saying this because I try some documentation for installing ERPnext14, but after some weeks, the server down, and need from me to setup again, or tell me Internal server error

[Tutorial][Docker] Installing ERPNext-15 on Docker: A Step-by-Step Guide [Production]

NewProject

hI,

I followed and installed completely but site shows like this below.

1 Like

Hi @Omar_Mohammed
Yes, version 15 is a stable release and you can definitely implement it for your customers. The documentation has almost all aspects covered in detail but I agree that there can still be issues that are difficult to troubleshoot and are not explicitly mentioned in the documentation. For such issues you can always refer to this community forum and ask for help.

Also, if you’re finding it difficult to implement and maintain the self-hosted version of ERPNext then I would highly recommend you to check the cloud version here: https://frappecloud.com/

Using the cloud version is a good starting point as you won’t have to worry about the installation and maintenance of the package. You can directly jump to the implementation and customization steps.

Hi @stepsibg

It looks like your browser did not load the resources like CSS and JS files correctly. Did you complete the step no. 5.4 mentioned in the guide above?

Trying running this command chmod -R o+rx /home/[frappe-user]/ and then bench restart

I think I missed this command.

i tried it but getting this error “Operation not permitted”

Try running the command as superuser sudo chmod -R o+rx /home/[frappe-user]

1 Like

I tried with Sudo chmod -R o+rx /home/[frappe-user]/

and no error.

site is working now

Thanks a lot

yes

worked and site is running now

Hi,

I successfully installed the ERPNext version 15 and restored my ERPNext Version 14 data.

I am using VirtualBox on windows.

I am getting below error

and here the code if i clock on “Show Traceback”

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “apps/frappe/frappe/www/app.py”, line 27, in get_context
boot = frappe.sessions.get()
File “apps/frappe/frappe/sessions.py”, line 143, in get
bootinfo = get_bootinfo()
File “apps/frappe/frappe/boot.py”, line 86, in get_bootinfo
frappe.get_attr(method)(bootinfo)
File “apps/erpnext/erpnext/startup/boot.py”, line 64, in boot_session
bootinfo.sysdefaults.demo_company = frappe.db.get_single_value(“Global Defaults”, “demo_company”)
File “apps/frappe/frappe/database/database.py”, line 782, in get_single_value
frappe.throw(
File “apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 570, in throw
msgprint(
File “apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 542, in msgprint
_raise_exception()
File “apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 496, in _raise_exception
raise exc
frappe.exceptions.ValidationError: Field demo_company does not exist on Global Defaults

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File “apps/frappe/frappe/website/serve.py”, line 18, in get_response
response = renderer_instance.render()
File “apps/frappe/frappe/website/page_renderers/template_page.py”, line 84, in render
html = self.get_html()
File “apps/frappe/frappe/website/utils.py”, line 522, in cache_html_decorator
html = func(*args, **kwargs)
File “apps/frappe/frappe/website/page_renderers/template_page.py”, line 95, in get_html
self.update_context()
File “apps/frappe/frappe/website/page_renderers/template_page.py”, line 162, in update_context
data = self.run_pymodule_method(“get_context”)
File “apps/frappe/frappe/website/page_renderers/template_page.py”, line 224, in run_pymodule_method
return method(self.context)
File “apps/frappe/frappe/www/app.py”, line 29, in get_context
raise frappe.SessionBootFailed from e
frappe.exceptions.SessionBootFailed

Python 3.10 venv r
equirement ???

Can’t confirm that part…
Tested without any issue on Ubuntu 23.04 and Debian 12

I am getting error on supervisor setup there is actually nothing in this guide to solve that ,

on bench restart i get error as

sudo supervisorctl restart frappe:
frappe: ERROR (no such group)
ERROR: sudo supervisorctl restart frappe:
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command 'sudo supervisorctl restart frappe:' returned non-zero exit status 2.

File "/usr/local/bin/bench", line 8, in <module>
    sys.exit(cli())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/bench/cli.py", line 132, in cli
    bench_command()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/bench/commands/utils.py", line 41, in restart
    Bench(".").reload(web, supervisor, systemd)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/bench/utils/render.py", line 126, in wrapper_fn
    return fn(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/bench/bench.py", line 152, in reload
    restart_supervisor_processes(bench_path=self.name, web_workers=web, _raise=_raise)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/bench/utils/bench.py", line 321, in restart_supervisor_processes
    failure = bench.run(f"{sudo}supervisorctl restart {group}", _raise=_raise)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/bench/bench.py", line 48, in run
    return exec_cmd(cmd, cwd=cwd or self.cwd, _raise=_raise)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/bench/utils/__init__.py", line 158, in exec_cmd
    raise CommandFailedError(cmd) from subprocess.CalledProcessError(return_code, cmd)
bench.exceptions.CommandFailedError: sudo supervisorctl restart frappe:

i installed supervisor
sudo apt-get install supervisor

and then did bench setup supervisor
still nothing
i thing i need to set proper supervisor config file ,

any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

this feels insecure, isn’t it should be frappe-bench folder only?

2 Likes

Hi @Suresh_Thakor
I’m receiving the below error on step 5.2, I’m using a VM with Ubuntu 22.04:

$ sudo supervisorctl restart frappe:
WARN: restarting supervisor failed. Use bench restart to retry.
$ bench build
Assets for Release v15.3.0 don’t exist
*Traceback (most recent call last):/apps/frappe/node_modules to ./assets/frappe/node_modules *

• File “/usr/lib/python3.10/runpy.py”, line 196, in _run_module_as_main*
  • return _run_code(code, main_globals, None,*
  • File “/usr/lib/python3.10/runpy.py”, line 86, in _run_code*
  • exec(code, run_globals)*
  • File “/home/frappe1/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py”, line 114, in *
  • main()*
  • File “/home/frappe1/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/utils/bench_helper.py”, line 20, in main*
  • click.Group(commands=commands)(prog_name=“bench”)*
  • File “/home/frappe1/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1157, in call*
  • return self.main(*args, *kwargs)
  • File “/home/frappe1/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1078, in main*
  • rv = self.invoke(ctx)*
  • File “/home/frappe1/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1688, in invoke*
  • return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))*
  • File “/home/frappe1/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1688, in invoke*
  • return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))*
  • File “/home/frappe1/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 1434, in invoke*
  • return ctx.invoke(self.callback, *ctx.params)
  • File “/home/frappe1/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/core.py”, line 783, in invoke*
  • return __callback(*args, *kwargs)
  • File “/home/frappe1/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/commands/utils.py”, line 72, in build*
  • bundle(*
  • File “/home/frappe1/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/build.py”, line 236, in bundle*
  • make_asset_dirs(hard_link=hard_link)*
  • File “/home/frappe1/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/build.py”, line 390, in make_asset_dirs*
  • click.echo(unstrip(click.style(“\u2714”, fg=“green”) + " Application Assets Linked") + “\n”)*
  • File “/home/frappe1/frappe-bench/env/lib/python3.10/site-packages/click/utils.py”, line 318, in echo*
  • file.write(out) # type: ignore*
    UnicodeEncodeError: ‘latin-1’ codec can’t encode character ‘\u2714’ in position 5: ordinal not in range(256)
    subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘bench build’ returned non-zero exit status 1.

• File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/bench/commands/make.py”, line 75, in init*
  • init(*
  • File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/bench/utils/render.py”, line 105, in wrapper_fn*
  • return fn(*args, *kwargs)
  • File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/bench/utils/system.py”, line 112, in init*
  • build_assets(bench_path=path)*
  • File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/bench/utils/bench.py”, line 351, in build_assets*
  • exec_cmd(command, cwd=bench_path, env={“BENCH_DEVELOPER”: “1”})*
  • File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages/bench/utils/init.py”, line 158, in exec_cmd*
  • raise CommandFailedError(cmd) from subprocess.CalledProcessError(return_code, cmd)*
    bench.exceptions.CommandFailedError: bench build

ERROR: There was a problem while creating frappe-bench
Do you want to rollback these changes? [y/N]:

Any clue what might be?

Thanks,

RollBack ? No

go to bench folder then run

bench setup requirements --python

bench pip install -e apps/frappe
1 Like

i’m having error in bench restart as well. Any resolution on this @shashank_shirke ?