Helpdesk Update

Hey everyone!

I’m Ritvik, and I’m a developer @Frappe. I’m really thrilled and delighted to announce that I will be the new product owner for Frappe Helpdesk.

For those of you who don’t know me, I have been in Frappe for more than one year & previously worked on ERPNext & Frappe Education.

Frappe Helpdesk is a Modern & 100% Open-source ticketing tool that helps you streamline your support workflows, handle issues efficiently, and delight customers – all at a fraction of the cost.
It is a point of contact for customers to send their queries and a ticketing system that tracks and organizes issues for faster resolution.

My goal for Helpdesk is to make it the best open source Helpdesk available. To do so I will start by improving the current state of Helpdesk, as soon as I will be done with that I will start integrating new features in Helpdesk.

Here are some important links that you should definitely check out:

• Landing Page - Here you can see all the features present in Helpdesk and you can signup on Frappe Cloud to try Helpdesk for Free!
  • Documentation Link - This link will take you to our comprehensive documentation, where you can find all the information you need to understand and use the Helpdesk Module effectively. It includes all the workflows, masters and DocTypes which currently Exists
  • Repository Link - This is where you can find all the code and files related to the Frappe Helpdesk module. Feel free to explore and contribute!
  • Telegram Group Link - Join our Telegram group to connect with us where can discuss everything regarding the Helpdesk Module. Feel free to share ideas and issues you face while using the Helpdesk Module.

Thanks for your time and attention.

11 Likes

Welcome !

First order of business is to integrate this with ERPNext core

Good luck

2 Likes

Congratulations to you Eng. @Ritvik_Sardana
I’m excited for your new challenges
good luck

Awesome stuff! Can’t wait for all the exciting features planned!

I have one question though, @Ritvik_Sardana, the scenario that I would like to use the helpdesk app will have different students not yet registered in the system to create an account and submit a ticket. The problem is if I try creating a new account from the signup, e.g. @gmail.com, it says there is no record of this email.

The Helpdesk App indeed presents a promising interface, thank you @Ritvik_Sardana.

Ensuring compatibility between Frappe Apps is crucial, particularly when updates are released, and it is essential to keep users informed about these changes.

What is the point of having a single perfect framework like Frappe if the apps built on it are not compatible with each other? The excitement to test new updates and applications is often hindered by compatibility issues with the current Frappe Apps setup, leading to wasted time and effort.

Moving forward, it is imperative to maintain a focus on compatibility to streamline the user experience and prevent similar setbacks.

For further insights, please checkout:

1 Like

Hi,

Great news @Ritvik_Sardana, success!

Can I ask you what is the strategy that will be behind Helpdesk?
Will this be a tool focussed on shared mailbox management, like Help Scout or Front?
Or will this be a ticketing system with a framework (ex ITIL/ITSM) behind it?

Thanks in advance,

1 Like

Is it this? Customer signup/registration not working · Issue #1902 · frappe/helpdesk · GitHub

Hello,

Yes and no. The update that has been made now redirects to the login page. This now means that new clients cannot sign up on their own, they have to be manually added before they can login. That kind of defeats the purpose of a helpdesk in the 1st place.

check in Website settings if the disable signups checkbox is checked? It should be unchecked to allow users to signup on their own.