Incoming emails do not arrive to user inbox

I’m new in ERPNext. I’ve just installed ERPNext in local ubuntu 16.04.4 server. Now. I have a user beside the administrator. I configured email domain and email account to sync with our mail server successfully.
I tested this configuration by sending an email from gmail to my email account. and sending an email from ERPNext to gmail.
The result:

• The mail sent from ERPNext to gmail arrived to gmail inbox successfully. But, not found in sent items in my mail server (hostgator)
  • The mail sent from gmail to my email account arrived to my mail server (hostgator) and a notification appeared in my ERPNext desktop (at the right left corner) that I have a new email. But, no email found in my inbox. On the other hand, when I loged in by administrator, I found that email in administrator communication.
    I need help to let emails appear in user inbox and to store sent items in mail server (hostgator)

Thanks in advance,

I have an error log after sending an email from Gmail to my ERPNext inbox:

{u’m.abouzeid@viral-soft.com’: (550, ‘Verification failed for admin@example.com\n"Sorry, you are sending to/from an address that has been blacklisted"\nSender verify failed’)}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/bench/erpnext/apps/frappe/frappe/email/queue.py”, line 424, in send_one
smtpserver.sess.sendmail(email.sender, recipient.recipient, encode(message))
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/smtplib.py”, line 747, in sendmail
raise SMTPRecipientsRefused(senderrs)
SMTPRecipientsRefused: {u’m.abouzeid@viral-soft.com’: (550, ‘Verification failed for admin@example.com\n"Sorry, you are sending to/from an address that has been blacklisted"\nSender verify failed’)}

I failed to find where (admin@example.com) is.

your help is appreciated

Muhammad

check it in Email Account & Email Domain of Setup Module you can find admin@example.com
,replace the same with your hosted mail

I discovered that error appears after forwarding emails from administrator communication to a user inbox. the administrator default email is admin@example.com. I changed it and no error now appears upon forwarding.

But the original problems is still exist:

• The incoming emails do not arrive directly to user inbox and I have to make (assign to) from administrator communication to appear in user ToDo list
  • The outgoing emails do not saved in smtp server.

I cannot imagine that no one can solve this simple problem.
Something goes wrong !!!

Hallo @Muhammad_Abouzeid,

if you want to use e-mails for each user you’ll have to login to an e-mail account for each user. You can use IMAP or POP to do so. You can do this in
Settings->Email-> Email Account
it’s also important to set the two ticks in “Enable Incoming” and “Enable Outgoing”. Maybe also the option “Always use Account’s EMail Address as Sender” if for you.

To your second question:
If you want to be able to see the emails sent from ERPNext in your “sent” Folder in e.g. Thunderbird this is not possible at the moment.

Wolfram

Thank you for your help.
Actually, I configured email domain, email account then I created a user and tied it with this email account. I checked Enable incoming and Enable outgoing. Sending email goes well (e.g. sending quotation) but incoming emails arrived to administrator communication not to user inbox. I know that email arrived from a notification on the user desktop.

I appreciate your efforts,

These are my settings for default sending:

And these my settings for default incoming:

and this would be my user settings:

Anything you can’t see in those screenshots are not ticked or relevant.

Hopefully this is helpful to you!

2 Likes

Thank you,
I think that I followed your screen shots. But, I can check Thursday morning. Tomorrow is day-off here in Egypt and my ERPNext is on local stand-alone server.

Thanks,

I deleted my settings and recreated again as your screen shots

The default Sending:

The default Inbox:

The user Account:

I sent 2 Emails from Gmail to m.abouzeid@viral-soft.com:

A notification in user desk top tells (you have 2 new emails) but nothing found:

I logged in as administrator. I found the 2 emails in communication:

is there any advice?
Many thanks,

Any help?

Zurück: [erpnext-discuss] [ERPNext] Incoming emails do not arrive to user inbox

sorry for not getting back to you. Is this still an issue?

Wolfram Schmidt
Geschäftsführer

tüit GmbH
Bussardweg 7
72076 Tübingen

Tel: +49 7071 980 53 92
Mob: +49 176 555 19 0 59
Mail.: wolfram.schmidt@tueit.de
Netz: www.tueit.de

Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 754 884
Steuernummer: 86118/88475
Geschäftsführer: Wolfram Schmidt, Heiko Schwöbel

I’m facing same problem
Any solution for this

@Muhammad_Abouzeid please share solution if you are able to resolve it, I am facing same issue.

And a year later, I am facing this problem. Does anyone have a fix to this?

A forum search often gives clues to troubleshooting - perhaps this may help Inbox "No Email Account Assigned" - #10 by drakstik

1 Like