Install script and V11

It is not, it is now announced on erpnext.org

I believe it is officially released now.

It is worth enhancing both the Easy Install script as well as the Manual Install to reflect Python 3 and ERPNext 11.

Looking for that :slight_smile:

So, here’s what I did in sequence.

Used Easy Install script to install Frappe + ERPNext.

Still it is 10.1.53

Used below command (as per advise from @bhavikpatel7023 ) :

bench update --reset

Still the version is 10.1.53

I am checking the version from Help menu in the Desktop

Any other ideas how to install a fresh V11 of Frappe + ERPNext?

1 Like

getting same issue

1 Like

I tried to update and also installed from scratch. Only ERPNext: v10.1.53 (master) is installing.
Some issues with the release.

2 Likes

Can confirm, exact same scenario. Tried updating, still stuck to v10 and installed new site from scratch also still getting v10. Following this thread, would be nice if we can get official update instructions.

Version 11 at Beta stage and soon there will be official announcement (Speculating), till then I will recommend users to wait till stable release made available for production usage.

Version 11 Stable is released recently and now hosted at upstream/master branch.

if you are interested in testing and reporting bugs.
Simply run to upgrade Frappe/ERPNext from frappe-bench equivalent directory, those who switched to staging branch during Beta.

bench switch-to-master
bench  update --requirements
bench update --patch

You may switch back to master branch by doing bench --site your-site-name switch-to-master followed by bench update --patch && bench migrate or simply bench retry-upgrade

Note: Beta Version 11 is out of Beta and it is available at master branch and develop branch started with Version 12 development.

Ref:

2 Likes
$ python install.py --help
usage: install.py [-h] [--develop | --production] [--site SITE]
                  [--without-site] [--verbose] [--user USER]
                  [--bench-branch BENCH_BRANCH] [--repo-url REPO_URL]
                  [--frappe-repo-url FRAPPE_REPO_URL]
                  [--frappe-branch FRAPPE_BRANCH]
                  [--erpnext-repo-url ERPNEXT_REPO_URL]
                  [--erpnext-branch ERPNEXT_BRANCH] [--without-erpnext]
                  [--overwrite] [--mysql-root-password MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD]
                  [--admin-password ADMIN_PASSWORD] [--bench-name BENCH_NAME]

Frappe Installer

optional arguments:
  -h, --help            show this help message and exit
  --develop             Install developer setup
  --production          Setup Production environment for bench
  --site SITE           Specifiy name for your first ERPNext site
  --without-site
  --verbose             Run the script in verbose mode
  --user USER           Install frappe-bench for this user
  --bench-branch BENCH_BRANCH
                        Clone a particular branch of bench repository
  --repo-url REPO_URL   Clone bench from the given url
  --frappe-repo-url FRAPPE_REPO_URL
                        Clone frappe from the given url
  --frappe-branch FRAPPE_BRANCH
                        Clone a particular branch of frappe
  --erpnext-repo-url ERPNEXT_REPO_URL
                        Clone erpnext from the given url
  --erpnext-branch ERPNEXT_BRANCH
                        Clone a particular branch of erpnext
  --without-erpnext     Prevent fetching ERPNext
  --overwrite           Whether to overwrite an existing bench
  --mysql-root-password MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD
                        Set mysql root password
  --admin-password ADMIN_PASSWORD
                        Set admin password
  --bench-name BENCH_NAME
                        Create bench with specified name. Default name is
                        frappe-bench

2 Likes
  --mysql-root-password MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD
                    Set mysql root password
  --admin-password ADMIN_PASSWORD
                     Set admin password

How can I input the password if, for example, it has space or an installation keyword? can I put it between quotations such as --mysql-root-password 'my password'?

thx…
Updated my fresh ubuntu 16 server

sudo bash -c 'for i in update {,dist-}upgrade auto{remove,clean}; do apt-get $i -y; done'

Downloaded the script

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/master/playbooks/install.py

Used these parameters in the script

sudo python install.py --production --user frappe --bench-branch master --frappe-branch staging --erpnext-branch staging --mysql-root-password PASSWORD --admin-password PASSWORD

With that, my life is easier now, I can just paste it and get back after few minutes

4 Likes

Password in clear-text and without quotes, it will be stored in shell history (bash_history) make sure to clean it up later.

To clear the history, just run any one of the following commands:

history -c
# The above command will clear the entire executed commands in the Terminal.
####### OR
history -cw
# The above command will clear the recently-executed command in the Terminal.
2 Likes

After run your suggested command.

frappe@VBox:~/frappe-bench$ bench version
erpnext 12.x.x-develop
foundation 0.0.1
frappe 11.0.3

Did i miss sth?

Edit:
I downgrade from frappe/erpnext V12

What are you trying to achieve and where are you stuck?

I installed erpnext development which is v12. Then I downgrade to v11 but erpnext still v12. It’s working fine anyways. Just wondering why frappe v11 and erpnext v12

That is quite messy also when you’re caught up migrating to a new environment and your packup is on 10.x :smiley:
Geez…

Maybe confirm the two repos are on the same expected branch - v11 and v12 refer I think to staging and develop so you have a mismatch?

I think erpnext staging and development was the same when I switched Branch from development v12 to staging v11 by command below.

bench switch-to-branch staging frappe erpnext
bench  update --requirements
bench update --patch

Ok but if I’m not mistaken, for example this suggests the branches mismatch

frappe@VBox:~/frappe-bench$ bench version
erpnext 12.x.x-develop
foundation 0.0.1
frappe 11.0.3

Here below both repos are on staging and so V11

(env) frappe@ubuntu:~/frappe-bench$ cd apps/erpnext/
(env) frappe@ubuntu:~/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext$ git status
On branch staging
Your branch is up-to-date with 'upstream/staging'.
nothing to commit, working directory clean
(env) frappe@ubuntu:~/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext$ cd ../frappe/
(env) frappe@ubuntu:~/frappe-bench/apps/frappe$ git status
On branch staging
Your branch is up-to-date with 'upstream/staging'.
(env) frappe@ubuntu:~/frappe-bench/apps/frappe$ cd ../..
(env) frappe@ubuntu:~/frappe-bench$ bench version
erpnext 11.0.3-beta.2
frappe 11.0.0-beta
1 Like

HI, can u please tell why this error is coming … thanks

Hi,

Im also getting an error on a fresh install of Ubuntu 16 virtual machine

TASK [bench : install bench] *********************************************************************************************
changed: [localhost]

TASK [bench : Overwrite bench if required] *******************************************************************************
skipping: [localhost]

TASK [bench : Check whether bench exists] ********************************************************************************
ok: [localhost]

TASK [bench : python3 bench init for develop] ****************************************************************************
skipping: [localhost]

TASK [bench : python2 bench init for production] *************************************************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": true, "cmd": ["bench", "init", "/home/hemant/frappe-bench", "--frappe-path", "https://github.com/frappe/frappe", "--frappe-branch", "master"], "delta": "0:14:13.765212", "end": "2019-02-01 12:39:17.378529", "msg": "non-zero return code", "rc": 1, "start": "2019-02-01 12:25:03.613317", "stderr": "INFO:bench.utils:virtualenv -q env -p /usr/bin/python\nINFO:bench.utils:env/bin/pip -q install --upgrade pip\nDEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7.\nINFO:bench.utils:env/bin/pip -q install wheel\nDEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7.\nINFO:bench.utils:env/bin/pip -q install six\nDEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7.\nINFO:bench.utils:env/bin/pip -q install -e git+https://github.com/frappe/python-pdfkit.git#egg=pdfkit\nDEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7.\nINFO:bench.app:getting app frappe\nINFO:bench.utils:git clone https://github.com/frappe/frappe --branch master  --origin upstream\nCloning into 'frappe'...\nwarning: unable to access '/home/hemant/.config/git/attributes': Permission denied\nINFO:bench.app:installing frappe\nINFO:bench.utils:/home/hemant/frappe-bench/env/bin/pip install -q  -e /home/hemant/frappe-bench/apps/frappe \nDEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7.\nINFO:bench.utils:yarn install\nerror An unexpected error occurred: \"EACCES: permission denied, scandir '/home/hemant/.config/yarn/link'\".\nTraceback (most recent call last):\n  File \"/usr/local/bin/bench\", line 11, in <module>\n    load_entry_point('bench', 'console_scripts', 'bench')()\n  File \"/home/hemant/.bench/bench/cli.py\", line 40, in cli\n    bench_command()\n  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 764, in __call__\n    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)\n  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 717, in main\n    rv = self.invoke(ctx)\n  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 1137, in invoke\n    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))\n  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 956, in invoke\n    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)\n  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 555, in invoke\n    return callback(*args, **kwargs)\n  File \"/home/hemant/.bench/bench/commands/make.py\", line 30, in init\n    python \t\t = python)\n  File \"/home/hemant/.bench/bench/utils.py\", line 83, in init\n    update_node_packages(bench_path=path)\n  File \"/home/hemant/.bench/bench/utils.py\", line 449, in update_node_packages\n    update_yarn_packages(bench_path)\n  File \"/home/hemant/.bench/bench/utils.py\", line 462, in update_yarn_packages\n    exec_cmd('yarn install', cwd=app_path)\n  File \"/home/hemant/.bench/bench/utils.py\", line 159, in exec_cmd\n    raise CommandFailedError(cmd)\nbench.utils.CommandFailedError: yarn install", "stderr_lines": ["INFO:bench.utils:virtualenv -q env -p /usr/bin/python", "INFO:bench.utils:env/bin/pip -q install --upgrade pip", "DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7.", "INFO:bench.utils:env/bin/pip -q install wheel", "DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7.", "INFO:bench.utils:env/bin/pip -q install six", "DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7.", "INFO:bench.utils:env/bin/pip -q install -e git+https://github.com/frappe/python-pdfkit.git#egg=pdfkit", "DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7.", "INFO:bench.app:getting app frappe", "INFO:bench.utils:git clone https://github.com/frappe/frappe --branch master  --origin upstream", "Cloning into 'frappe'...", "warning: unable to access '/home/hemant/.config/git/attributes': Permission denied", "INFO:bench.app:installing frappe", "INFO:bench.utils:/home/hemant/frappe-bench/env/bin/pip install -q  -e /home/hemant/frappe-bench/apps/frappe ", "DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7.", "INFO:bench.utils:yarn install", "error An unexpected error occurred: \"EACCES: permission denied, scandir '/home/hemant/.config/yarn/link'\".", "Traceback (most recent call last):", "  File \"/usr/local/bin/bench\", line 11, in <module>", "    load_entry_point('bench', 'console_scripts', 'bench')()", "  File \"/home/hemant/.bench/bench/cli.py\", line 40, in cli", "    bench_command()", "  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 764, in __call__", "    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)", "  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 717, in main", "    rv = self.invoke(ctx)", "  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 1137, in invoke", "    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))", "  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 956, in invoke", "    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)", "  File \"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py\", line 555, in invoke", "    return callback(*args, **kwargs)", "  File \"/home/hemant/.bench/bench/commands/make.py\", line 30, in init", "    python \t\t = python)", "  File \"/home/hemant/.bench/bench/utils.py\", line 83, in init", "    update_node_packages(bench_path=path)", "  File \"/home/hemant/.bench/bench/utils.py\", line 449, in update_node_packages", "    update_yarn_packages(bench_path)", "  File \"/home/hemant/.bench/bench/utils.py\", line 462, in update_yarn_packages", "    exec_cmd('yarn install', cwd=app_path)", "  File \"/home/hemant/.bench/bench/utils.py\", line 159, in exec_cmd", "    raise CommandFailedError(cmd)", "bench.utils.CommandFailedError: yarn install"], "stdout": "Already using interpreter /usr/bin/python\nwarning: unable to access '/home/hemant/.config/git/attributes': Permission denied\nyarn install v1.13.0\ninfo If you think this is a bug, please open a bug report with the information provided in \"/home/hemant/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/yarn-error.log\".\ninfo Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/install for documentation about this command.\n('installing', u'frappe')\nUpdating node packages...", "stdout_lines": ["Already using interpreter /usr/bin/python", "warning: unable to access '/home/hemant/.config/git/attributes': Permission denied", "yarn install v1.13.0", "info If you think this is a bug, please open a bug report with the information provided in \"/home/hemant/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/yarn-error.log\".", "info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/install for documentation about this command.", "('installing', u'frappe')", "Updating node packages..."]}
        to retry, use: --limit @/tmp/.bench/playbooks/site.retry

PLAY RECAP ***************************************************************************************************************
localhost                  : ok=68   changed=42   unreachable=0    failed=1

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "install.py", line 425, in <module>
    install_bench(args)
  File "install.py", line 122, in install_bench
    run_playbook('site.yml', sudo=True, extra_vars=extra_vars)
  File "install.py", line 338, in run_playbook
    success = subprocess.check_call(args, cwd=os.path.join(cwd, 'playbooks'))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 541, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['ansible-playbook', '-c', 'local', 'site.yml', '-e', '@/tmp/extra_vars.json', '--become', '--become-user=hemant']' returned non-zero exit status 2
hemant@erpnextdev:~$

Any ideas on how to get v11 fresh install. Unless I get install v10 and upgrade?

Kind regards
Hemant

Are you installing on local machine, VM or VPS? either way this simple unattended has worked for me countless times. I setup and delete test vps instances almost on a daily basis and i have set up 2 already today.

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/frappe/bench/master/playbooks/install.py

sudo python install.py --production --bench-branch master --frappe-branch master --erpnext-branch master --mysql-root-password “password” --admin-password “password”

Note: This is for fresh installs only.
Remember to change the “password” to your password and remove the “” from each side.

1 Like