As a part of splitting ERPNext into multiple apps, I am pleased to announce that we will be moving all features related to Indian taxation and accounting rules and regulations to a separate app called India Compliance.
- This app will be released under the same GPLv3 license as ERPNext.
- This app will be available together with Version 14. If and when you upgrade to this version, you will simply need to install this app on your sites.
- This app will be developed, managed and supported by me and rest of the team at Resilient Tech.
We’re working on a lot of cool enhancements and features to make complying with GST and other regulations really simple.
Integrating GST Public APIs for simpler Party / Address creation
Integrating E-Waybill APIs for end-to-end E-Waybill management from your ERP itself:
Creating E-Waybills. Once created, A PDF of the E-Waybill (similar to E-Waybill filing portal) can be optionally generated:
Updating transporter / vehicle information
Moving India-specific features into the new app
If all goes well, we should be able to release this app by March-end.
A note on GST APIs
The GST Network tasked with developing platforms for GST compliance has tied up with GST Suvidha Providers (GSPs) to create, manage and distribute APIs to their platforms. We are working with some of these providers to create a fast and reliable solution for integrating with GST APIs. However, since this functionality is provided by GSPs on a chargeable basis, it will be available in the app as an optional, affordable in-app purchase. Fret not, you will be able to use all functionality that doesn’t require connection to these APIs for free.
More details about the in-app purchase will be available after the app is released.
- Reconcile GSTR-2B/GSTR-2A with purchases
- Auto-generate Taxes and Charges based on GST configuration
- File GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B from your ERP
- You tell us!
Special thanks to the incredible team at Frappe for giving us the opportunity to build this app and supporting us throughout the transition!
We will be creating detailed feature proposals as separate posts here, so stay tuned for those. Please comment here with any suggestions / feature requests / feedback.