i would like to invite community to contribute with donate to help developing this feature,
For Multi-currency per account · Issue #1002 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub
i had donate my self, but i dont think thats enough…
here the detail improvement :
- Differrent currencies
- Every account should have new field “Currency”
- There should be something as “exchange rate list” with “date”, “buying exchange rate”, “middle exchange rate” and “selling exchange rate” between base currency and selected currencies over time. That list can be updated regularly by importing it in standard way.
- Journal voucher item should have “Conversion rate” fields, similar as Sales/Purchase invoice has. They should be two of them: “base currency/debit account currency” and “base currency/credit account currency”
- Default values for Journal voucher item “Conversion rate” should be taken from “exchange rate list” - “buying exchange rate” or “selling exchange rate” according to date of Journal voucher, but can also be modified manually, including “make new exchange rate”. If “debit account currency” and “credit account currency” are the same, no recalculation is done, just simple transfer.
- All reports should have option “currency” and “on date” and be calculated in “currency” in accordance “middle exchange rates” as existed “on date”
- We can also introduce new account “Exchange gains” that will be automatically debited or credited in every Journal voucher item according to difference between “buying/selling exchange rate” and “middle exchange rate”
@rmehta i want to ask , is the midle exchange currency used for reporting ?.. and buy sell is for transaction ?.. it should be like that i think…