New GST Format Better Print Single Paper Layout

I feel erpnext is very innovative product and has grate features, Implementation is also not very difficult. In past i tried single user free signup and ubuntu selfhosted, but did not implemented it. Right now In India due to gst rollout we have chance to implement it and luckly I signup before they ended free single user. But, I feel being developed In India it needs some changes to adopt Indian System and It is not for micro and small organisation. I don’t use Tally but most of people use it and most of CA demand Accounting data in Tally format and specific government formats and state specific formats or “Indian customs formats” are not implemented in standard version as per my knowledge.

I did some invoice customization in using css in address filed. and some other changes, My first problem is to remove un necessary spacing horizontal and vertical(like in Tax Brekup ), I am not programmer but I can tweak some css or html code.
following image shows which spaces to be removed

Changed format but tax breakup table comes with scrollbars
also at some places I tried to make 3 column instead of two to save space but things go into new line , check sgst and igst things 9% goes into next line.

*Other Things I had Changed

1. We have two three types of invoice like " jobwork invoice" “Tax Invoice” & Export invoice, the serial number should be continuous irrespective of type of invoice, so I made three print format to change the heading of Invoice **but when ever I have to reprint invoice I have to keep it in mind it was jobowork invoice or tax invoice ** and then print it. I don’t know it is correct way of implimeting it or not, makeing different series like INV or INVR INVJ will not let us continue invoice number 1,2, in series which i think needed by GST.

2. I don’t know it is bug or not, I tried to put IEC number in Export Invoice, and when I first generate custom user filed and click on “is unique” and “read only” it does not let me print second invoice with same number, so I had removed “is unique” and " read only" both and then refresh the home and then again problem existed, so I have to remove that custom filed and created new custom filed with different name then it worked.

I tried to put some html and also css to remove margin but did not work. when I tried to divide one column into two it becomes equal irrespective of their contents. I can not reduce the size of one column like for terms and conditions, I had to add small column for signature but it divided in half.

ideal format for invoice

The last code I tried in print format builder but did not remove any spaces…

[data-fieldtype=“Int”] .value { text-left: left; }
.section-break {margin:0 px !important; padding: 0px 0px !important; border-bottom: 1px solid #eee; }
.section-break:last-child { padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom: 0px; }
@media print {
.docdraft {
padding: 0px !important;
margin-bottom: 0px !important;
margin-top: 0px !important;
border: 1px solid transparent!important;;
border-radius: 4px;
text-align: center;
color: #a94442;
background-color: #f2dede;
border-color: #ebccd1;
}
}

Hi there, great job in trying to change stuff.
And once done, do you mind to submit a print format and how we can use it? thank you.

I was trying to past html code in css dialogue box source ,I was not aware that I must click custom format and then paste html code, Now my code works!!!.
I did not know what to choose in custom format type, “Server”, “Client” or “Js”, currently I had choose server and after inteserting some html, it does not allow me to edit format, but luckily I had copy of default format. I can make changes again.

Since, I can not got source code of default “GST tax Invoice” I think it is better to make it from scratch with html tables is easier for code.

1. Here is link to fetch invoice fields. https://erpnext.org/docs/current/models/accounts/sales_invoice?
  2. here is another useful link to start invoice from scratch : How to display Item Wise Tax in invoice? - #23 by UmaG

Better Address Format To Save Space and Better Readability for New Indian GST Invoice
Deepak,
Here is css code I used to make some changes in Address to save space, pincode areacode is always with city name, I put few things in Bold letters to get the attention.If someone decide to display GST at other place they can remove last line. This code should be pasted in Address Template list and click on Country In our case “India”, delete old code or save it in another notepad file in case you want to go back to it. Paste following code in that window

{{ address_line1 }},

{% if address_line2 %}{{ address_line2 }}{% endif -%},

{{ city }}{% if pincode %}-{{ pincode }},

{% if gst_state %}{{ gst_state }}{% endif -%},{% if gst_state_number %} St.Code: {{ gst_state_number }}
{% endif -%}
{{ country }}
{% endif -%}
{% if phone %}Phone: {{ phone }}
{% endif -%}
{% if gstin %}GSTIN: {{ gstin }}
{% endif -%}

new address will look like after pasting…

I am not programmer but I can alter some html code, but due my professional commitment, I don’t have much time. So, I added two three custom filed like IEC gstn which is okay for me but note perfect like excel invoice I used to make.To make perfect formatted new Indian gst invoice,it is task of 4-5 hours for professional but for non-coder it might take couple of days. So I think it is better to hire some newbie/freelancer coder to code in html for this task and 2-4 people can share the cost which can be anything between 1000 to 2000 Rs. We can paste the code here so that other people can use or it can be adopted in the main code.

Thank you! Will definitely use it. :slight_smile: much appreciate.

I had assigned detailed coding job to Ashit, I almost Finalize the layout as per Indian GST rules, we have problems to remove spaces. I will release the code once we final it. Here is new thread started, further discussion will be there.

1 Like

@svalambhia - did you manage to create the print format for Export Invoices?

And, for export other supporting docs in a prescribed format, i.e. delivery challan, packing list?